LaptopVideo2Go Forums
mobilenvidia

v181.00 Windows Vista 32bit | NVIDIA

zipper

Yes, beta drivers do such things - not to say that WHQL ones were totally bugfree...

pg48195

Am I the only one having an issue with the link above, I keep getting directed to an invalid page with a google ad on it?

Just wondering..... the issue I am trying to fix on my HP laptop is this.... nVidia does not remember which setting was last used, extended, laptop, external monitor, etc. Always have to reset, if anyone knows of another cure, I'd appreciate it...

Thanks in advance...

Gameo
Your card won't run GTA IV in any form of a decent playable experience.

Roughly said, but yeah, it won't.

Spax87
Roughly said, but yeah, it won't.

rockstar should release an performance patch. its not that hardware hungry like crysis, its more the thing that its a bad console port.

wait for some official patches/ updates...drivers wont change too much in this case

Spax87
rockstar should release an performance patch. its not that hardware hungry like crysis, its more the thing that its a bad console port.

wait for some official patches/ updates...drivers wont change too much in this case

Guest chris

HURRAH! updated from idk what driver, somewhere in the 178;'s or something i think, and now my red alert 2/yuris revenge works :) was bugging the hell out of me cos generals/zero hour would play smoothly on high settings, but RA2 had a horrible graphic error stretching any moving parts over half the screen, got a bit messy and headachey, this works tho :P got the modded inf for it idk if it wud of made a diff so i got mod one first. now i can play RA2 on my break at work :P saved my life guys ta :)

Guest chris
HURRAH! updated from idk what driver, somewhere in the 178;'s or something i think, and now my red alert 2/yuris revenge works :) was bugging the hell out of me cos generals/zero hour would play smoothly on high settings, but RA2 had a horrible graphic error stretching any moving parts over half the screen, got a bit messy and headachey, this works tho :P got the modded inf for it idk if it wud of made a diff so i got mod one first. now i can play RA2 on my break at work :P saved my life guys ta :)

edit: i got a sony vaio VGN-NR38S , thats a geforce 8400m GT gfx card, the sole reason i got the laptop is for the nice card, and then it would play the good games but the old games that i actually wanted to play, didnt >_< lol

White Apple
All vista drivers work with windows 7.

Microsoft are keeping Windows 7 to Vista drivers to stop compatibility issues.

All drivers here are compatible with all of the new nVidia cards

EVERYONE knows that Vista drivers are compatible with Windows 7. What I meant was that the NVIDIA installer recognized Windows 7...

Guest Ulaa Aktok

My 9600 GT's hardware id is DEV_0649. On the list they have included 9600 GT but the hardware id written on the compatible GPU's list is diffrent from mine. Should I still install the drvier?

Guest Guest

Of course it works on laptops. That's what the whole site is about. Find out what your GPU is, check if it is on the list, read through the quickstart guide, download and install it.

Guest Bob

nice drivers, compared to the 180.84 these give me a nice performance boost in GTA4 (bench went up from 19 fps to 23.5 fps, and so does the ingame performance)

unfortunately with the modded inf provided here, I can't access the control panel and powermizer didn't work in AC mode (stays at high 3D clocks), so I use the Balanced-Inf from Dox' 180.84 drivers and everything is fine now :)

Guest Guest

using this driver led to the frying of my computer :)

is anyone else using this driver with an LG R500?

installed the driver from a clean install of vista, and after fallout crashed, my computer won't boot up, just displays crazy colours.

Guest STATIM
I've a 8600M GT on my MSI notebook :) . Does it work with it ?

Yes i think it will work^^

I've two 8600M GT in my Toshiba Notebook and it works :)

Guest Arut
Yes i think it will work^^

I've two 8600M GT in my Toshiba Notebook and it works :)

no... On my MSI GX600-061, it isn't work. :) It say me that it can't find the card...

Have you any idea ?

zipper

Did you use the modified inf in the driver?

Guest Arut
Did you use the modified inf in the driver?

The modified what ? I don't know... but I installed the Dox Optimised 180.84, and it work but this topic's one not.

zipper

For what might the FAQs be written...

Guest Nags

Seriously. They should have stickies at the top of all forums. Yes they work on laptops (and Desktops). Yes even the 8600GT. Especially the 8600GT. I keep thinking there are more people talking difs and performance in the drivers but no, just more "Does this work on my 9700?" "What's an .inf?" (That one is probably valid though) But if you don't know what an .inf file is maybe you should not be using beta drivers.

Linux_Fan

For couple months now I'm using drivers 177.92 on my MSI laptop with GeForce 8600M GT. So far they work real good, but performance in Fallout 3 could be a bit better. Will I notice any upgrade in this matter while using newest drivers? Have anyone tested them on 8600M GT with Fallout 3?

Andrew55

I don't suggest these for best performance but rather Dox Optimized 180.70. Try and see.