zleto

Hi all !!

First, please excuse my poor english!

So I own a fujutsu siemens laptop. Here are the main specs:

-> FUJITSU SIEMENS Amilo Xi 3650-011

-> Intel Core 2 Duo P8400 (2,26 GHz)

-> Screen 18,4'' Full HD

-> Blu-ray

-> Graphic card nVidia GeForce 9600M GT 512 Mo GDDR3 Hybrid Power Technology (switch on IntelĀ® GMA X4500 HD)

-> ...

Soooooo, what is my problem?

First you may not know how this Hybrid Power works. So do I ...

Well, it "enhance" the integrated graphic card WHEN NEEDED.

Example: I'm going on the Internet. It uses the Intel graphics.

I run a game, It'll SWITCH to Nvidia 9600 mgt (technically it'll use both cards.)

BUT. We also have 3 different "power management" settings.

1. Low consumption : NEVER HAS THE Nvidia

2. Standart use: NEVER HAS THE Nvidia

3. Power use: If not on battery, will use nvidia.

(you can change those settings but it's not my point)

My problems are the following:

1. I can NOT change to nvidia. Tried to modify all settings but not possible. I assume this is a bug due to the fact that this technology is quite new. But I cannot activate the Nvidia. So I have really sucking graphics on such a good screen. So lame. FYI, I go on the settings for power management, find the good options, but the last one, which allows me to select if it'll use Nvidia or not, does not appear in the menu :)

2. I really don't like the Intel results. (fonts / colors / ...). I don't really use this laptop in other places than my home (remember, it's a 18" ^^) so I'd like to use ONLY the NVIDIA. ALL THE TIME. And IF, someday, I want to use again the "power saving" feature, I'll try to get new drivers :)

Solutions???

I know that I can select on the BIOS to use ONLY the nvidia. But then I will need the drivers. Which I cannot find :P

Any other solution? Heard about a bug like mine?

• 1 month later...

offtop:

you dont have laptop (it is notebook).

(because at first i thought "what the hell? there is no Hybrid Power support for intel laptop CPU")

• 4 months later...

How can you disable the hybrdpower what settings are they I only have two video cards none onboard and they report now 200mHz instead of 500mhz and the shader clock is running at 400mhz instead of 1250mhz Im using stock drivers I tried just about evrything but I cant disable this can you help?

BTW Im using a M1730 with 9800 GT in SLI with 186.03 drivers.

thx

• 1 month later...

offtop:

you dont have laptop (it is notebook).

(because at first i thought "what the hell? there is no Hybrid Power support for intel laptop CPU")

I would disagree ! http://www.homeofficebuddy.com/officecomputer/diff-notebook-laptop.shtml