LaptopVideo2Go Forums

please advise a driver for NVIDIA GeForce Go 7800

scott4952

I have a Dell Inspiron E1705 and am currently using the Dell supplied drivers for the GeForce Go 7800 that are nearly 3 years old. I'm not currently having any problems with the Dell drivers, I was just hoping to improve performance with a more up to date driver as my laptop is starting to show its age. I am running Windows XP 32 bit SP3. Thank you.

Just about any newer dell driver will be an improvement over a 3 year old driver. I run an ATI card on my XP rig so I cant say for sure but this latest Nvidia release (179.28) for mobile gpu's is working very well on my vista laptop with a 7 series nvidia card. Your card is not supported by the original INF. file included with this driver so check out the "Quickstart Guide" at the top of all driver download pages on this site. Basically its going to show you how to replace the original INF. file in the driver with a modded INF. file that supports your card so it will install.

Click here for 179.28 xp 32bit diver page