LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Download issues, not us, it's you ;)

mobilenvidia

More and more folk are having downloading issues with driver and INF links etc.

This is not our server's fault, some add ons (especially Firefox) block the opening of blank pages.

The blank page is opened as the server link redirects to the driver server, this is all quite normal, up until these extra add ons that wreak havoc.

If a link doesn't work use 'RIGHT CLICK' on the link, then 'SAVE LINK AS' (or what ever Browser terminology is used.)

This will then ensure you get a trouble free download.

Enjoy

More and more folk are having downloading issues with driver and INF links etc.

This is not our server's fault, some add ons (especially Firefox) block the opening of blank pages.

The blank page is opened as the server link redirects to the driver server, this is all quite normal, up until these extra add ons that wreak havoc.

If a link doesn't work use 'RIGHT CLICK' on the link, then 'SAVE LINK AS' (or what ever Browser terminology is used.)

This will then ensure you get a trouble free download.

Enjoy

im to lazy to login...

ANYWAY... today at work I had the download problem... but it was only with SOME drivers... and it happened in Firefox WITH and WITHOUT add-on's... and even in IE (i only tested the latest driver release and latest Broadcom WiFi driver with IE)

but the DL for the older driver worked fine so i just canceled the newer ones... im not saying its the download servers... but even the save link as did the same thing for the specific drivers i was trying to grab... so... weird...

im to lazy to login...

ANYWAY... today at work I had the download problem... but it was only with SOME drivers... and it happened in Firefox WITH and WITHOUT add-on's... and even in IE (i only tested the latest driver release and latest Broadcom WiFi driver with IE)

but the DL for the older driver worked fine so i just canceled the newer ones... im not saying its the download servers... but even the save link as did the same thing for the specific drivers i was trying to grab... so... weird...

If there are download issues with certain links, give me examples for me to diagnose or fix.

I know for a fact Getright has big issues now with the links, never used to before and have not changed the way we host them over over a year now

If there are download issues with certain links, give me examples for me to diagnose or fix.

I know for a fact Getright has big issues now with the links, never used to before and have not changed the way we host them over over a year now

http://files.laptopvideo2go.com/wlan/broad...v5.10.38.26.exe

and

http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/nvidia/180series/18100.exe

is working fine now... but in the same session (and i don't use getright... i use downthemall most of the time) this afternoon I used a fresh PC (30 of them sitting their so i decided to see if it was my rig) with firefox and it also was 1kbps... then i did IE6/7 (7 on my rig and 6 on the fresh pc) and it did the same thing...

so i decided to see if i could download the older xp x32 driver and http://files.laptopvideo2go.com/wlan/broad...v5.10.38.14.exe and it worked just fine and downloaded at my full 1.2MB connection speed... all the while the first ones where still doing 1kbps...

at home... working fine in FF/IE