LaptopVideo2Go Forums

CUDA support in nVidia Quatro NVS

Guest Allan

nVidia just released a beta of 179.28 for the Quadro NVS cards:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/quadro_nvs_no...79.28_beta.html

From the site:

"This driver will install on the following GPUs with the exception of some notebooks listed below:

Quadro NVS 320M

Quadro NVS 310M

Quadro NVS 160M

Quadro NVS 150M

Quadro NVS 140M

Quadro NVS 135M

Quadro NVS 130M

The following notebooks are not supported in this release:

Dell Latitude notebooks (please contact the notebook OEM for driver support for these notebooks)

Lenovo ThinkPad notebooks (please contact the notebook OEM for driver support for these notebooks) "

I downloaded the install, extracted it, then grabbed the modified INF for the 179.28 from here and installed them. Main reason I did so was because CUDA support is enabled, didn't see that in the other drivers here. I run BOINC with Seti and CUDA support is now enabled in those making your crunching much faster.

FYI: Using the drivers on a E6500 with a NVS 160M (512 DDR3) without issues. 3DMark was almost identical to the 180.xx series so I didn't see any decrease in performance and the support of CUDA makes it worth it for me.

-Allam