LaptopVideo2Go Forums

8600m GS and Assassin's Creed

gornomatic

Greetings

I got myself a new laptop recently ... a HP dv9734tx which has 3GB of RAM and a Geforce 8600m GS with 512 MB. I know the 512 MB does not matter, but to be honest, I expected a bit better out of this card.

I tried running Assassin's creed with most settings either 1 or 2 and I'm only getting a meager 10-20 fps, mostly closer to 10. Is this graphics cart that bad or is it juts a driver problem?

I installed the drivers on the HP Website after cleaning my stock drivers with driver sweeper. Any pointers as to what I might be doing wrong would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

run it on medium and 1024x768, can run 30fps on mine

May I know the version of the drivers that you are using? And if you are running on Dx10 or Dx9?

I tried running Assassin's creed with most settings either 1 or 2 and I'm only getting a meager 10-20 fps, mostly closer to 10. Is this graphics cart that bad or is it juts a driver problem?

I'm having an 8700M equivalent card and it doesn't manage newest games too well. As your card is about 50% weaker I'd say it's mostly your hardware.

Run Assassins Creed in dx9 mode. Visually its the same as dx10 but you get better performance out of it! I used to have an 8600M GS and its an ok card but thats it!! Try the 179.28 driver as you can OC with that, but I don't recommend OCing in laptops.

I notice you now have a 9600 gt. I am considering exchanging this for something better. How do you think the 9600m GT DDR 2 measures up?

I'm sure it's a hell of a lot better than the 8600m GS but how does it measure up against the 8600m GT DDR3 (In the XPS 1530 i mean)

It would be great if you could tell me how most games perform on the 9600m GT.

Thanks in advance