LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Overclocking 9600/9650m gt with ddr3

amirulrudy12

How do i overclock this card?using rivatuner and EVGA Precision give me wrong memory clock.my stock memory clock is 800 and i can only overclock to about 480.so do u guys have any solution?please don't recommend me ntune it just would not work on my lappy.

Do those apps see your memory speed as 400 by default?

those apps detect 300(default).

Edited by amirulrudy12

Pretty odd, 9600M GT is really specced with 800 MHz memory. Look in RivaTuner, what the clocks are for 2D mode, 3D low power mode and 3D performance mode. Perhaps you aren't on 3D performance mode when looking.

this is 9650M gt

96181824vp3.th.jpg

Edited by amirulrudy12

So default is 550/1325/800.

Perhaps Zepto downclocked on purpose - too much heat/power consumption. You should ask them.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem with my 9650m gt, riva tuner doesnt say the right frequencies ( and playing with them doesnt do anything) and ntune wont even start. I'm thinking of a slight bois oc, just to get the ddr2 a bit higher and get a bit more out of the gpu.