LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Best driver for 8600m GS

gornomatic

Greetings.

I have just tried four versions of drivers for my 8600m GS (most recently the 180.84). None of these seem to be offering any enhanced performance in Assassin's Creed (for example)

Is there something apart from vid drivers that I need to be looking at?

180.84 gave me roughly 20 fps. Am i wrong in thinking that the 8600m GS is capable of more than that?

Thanks in advance

I don't have your card thus i can't really say what it is capable of. What i can tell you however, is that you can try some other drivers as they may yield better performance, like this:

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....showtopic=21982

Good luck!

i own 8600m gs with clock speeds 450/400 and i aslo cant overclock (and it came underclocked for som reason).anyway, i used to play assasins creed and would get high fps on low/ medium settings on mid resolution(i.e. 1024x 768).hope that helps.that was with newish drivers as it wanst long back, e.g. 175 etc but to be honest all the new drivers are the same but have a different numbers.mhd

ps. taht was on xp dx9.i reecommend u switch to xp as vista aero perfromance and memory eater can lower performance

I used to have a laptop with the 8600M GS and 20 fps sounds about right. Try the 179.14 driver as it yields good performance or try the NVIDIA beta 179.28.

I wouldn't recommend OC in laptops, as it doesnt increase peformance much. However, with the 179.28 driver you will be able to OC.

I wouldn't recommend OC in laptops, as it doesnt increase peformance much. However, with the 179.28 driver you will be able to OC.

Well, I can get 20-25% gain when overclocking - but I don't do it except to test briefly.