LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Best drivers for Geforce Go 7900GT?

Guest STEVEN219

Guest STEVEN219

I play World of warcraft and fallout 3 and i am just inches away from getting WoW to run perfectly smooth on my cpu. So i figure if i look around here and get the best drivers for my card along with maybe overclocking it a bit, i can reach those results. so if you guys have any information on as to what drivers i should install as well as what methods i should use to OC, it would be very much appreciated. my computer is a toshiba p105-s9337. the graphics card is a nvidia geforce go 7900gt and i use windows vista 32bit. thanks

For instance 179.28, 180.84 Dox version, 181.00. You can overclock via NVidiaControl Panel, RivaTuner, EVGA Precision etc.

Guest steven219

does anyone else here have an nvidia 7900gt? what would be the best way for me to go and find out what the best setup would be for my computer?

zipper, thanks for your reply but in all honesty, it was very short and didnt leave me with any questions answered. as a matter of fact, it left me with more questions.. why did u list 3 drivers and what is the difference between the 3? i know i can oc with the nvidia control panel/ntune or rivatuner... but what is EVGA precision? but thank you for your reply, any help i can get is really very much appreciated. i am a hardcore gamer and really want to know everything i can to get my games running to there max performance.. wouldnt we all :)

Because this jobby is mostly trial and error, can't say which works best for you. EVGA precision is an easy to use graphical overclocking utility, for instance here:

http://downloads.guru3d.com/EVGA-Precision...nload-2112.html

Guest steven219

just an update for anyone else who has this card.. ive been going through the different drivers and the ones that seem to be working the best are the newer ones actually. i have to mod them with the .inf to get them to work but compared to older dirvers in the 170-150s... the 180s increase my fps significantly.