LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Low FPS on battery

Guest flaffy

Hi,got an Inspiron 1520 with a 8600M GT.

The problem is taht with battery,my fps decreases (tested in games,3dmark score....).

Now you will say its coz CPU/GPU downclocks.

But I force both of them (or so I think,certainly CPU its at 2GHz all the time,not sure about the videocard) with RMClock (for CPU) and PowerMizer is disabled on nvidia control panel (180.42).

I also tested disabling it Intel SpeedStep,but nothing changes

Im using Win XP btw.

Thanks.

Run RivaTuner on the background to monitor the clocks and afterwards look at the graphs to find the culprit.

Hi,I tried to change "low power 3d" setting in Rivatuner,but it only saves the overclock speeds if I start Windows with AC on.

Also I tried to force "3d performance",and seems to work (althought I got 1000 less 3dmarks than with AC power) but I need to restart the laptop every time that I enable/disable the force option.

BTWPowerMizer is disabled.

• 3 weeks later...

Same problem here, Powermizer is disabled. 9600m gt only works in the low-power-3d mode as long as the ac is unplugged. Tested nearly every driver, even the one from the driver-cd (and DOX driver, the nvidia laptop driver and drivers with modded infs). Nothing worked :)

You could force constant performance level , 3D performance mode with RivaTuner, but then it's always on full speed - at least it should.

Have you customised your advanced power management settings in Windows?

• 1 month later...