LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v185.20 Windows XP 32bit | NVIDIA

mobilenvidia

Doesn't work. I installed them but when I rebooted it started up in 4-bit colors at lowest resolution and there's no NVIDIA control panel.

Happened for me as well on my Toshiba Satallite X205-S7483 with XP installed with my 8700m GT of course using the modified INF file. I also got the following.

pooey8.jpg

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ACP0WER

• jase79

• Mushu

• eleron911

Top Posters In This Topic

man this driver is cool for my acer aspire 5920g with geforce 8600m gs and its fully overclockable with rivatuner and ntune the only problem is that in gta iv the game shuts down after 5 minutes :) i will try to fix this and i will post the solution if i find it! (sorry for my english i am from greece)

you are right my man! this is 169.04 brother, overclock works on driver level, i have not tried gaming yet but im glad powermizer is working

Yup, these drivers don't work for me as well. Using a Macbook Pro here, 8600m GT.

And can I suggest that if you post your level of success with any driver, please include your graphics card as well, just so that others know. I went through all the posts hoping to see one about a 8600m GT :)

Haha, but otherwise, thanks for this Dox, too bad it didnt work for many.

And btw, I think these are just beta drivers according to other sites, hope they work for us laptop users soon, because apparently they offer a huge boost in FPS.

180.84.1 from Dox are better in performance than this one, but all 18x.x drivers have BSODs in GTA IV when alt tabbing a few times.

does this version allow overclocking? cuz i cant with all other versions i tried :)

I use rivatuner for overclocking. Although my 8400 did not like it one bit. My 9800GX2 loves overclocking.

QUOTE (hate this driver @ Jan 2 2009, 05:22 PM) *

Warning. If you connect to tv, please be really really be careful with this driver.

Why? What would happen?

Why? What would happen?

/jk on

I believe this driver will enable free p*** channels on your TV, so, be careful.

/jk off

Happened for me as well on my Toshiba Satallite X205-S7483 with XP installed with my 8700m GT of course using the modified INF file. I also got the following.

I wonder if it works normally in Vista? :)

I wonder if it works normally in Vista? :)

dont work work with my sager 9890 with a 7900 gtx card . i just get 4 bit prob and say its not compatible with this version of windows.

Hi, this driver don't work with my laptop too. After windows restart the color quality is 4bit with the lower possible resolution.

P.S I've nvidia 8400M GS 256

works great, SLI on the laptop, 9800 GT, even Physx can be enabled.

And most importantly the clock speed is throttled back to 200Mhz when no 3D used.

Previously all Physx/SLI drivers stayed at 500Mhz, so this one is definatly great if you are an occasional gamer.

works great, SLI on the laptop, 9800 GT, even Physx can be enabled.

And most importantly the clock speed is throttled back to 200Mhz when no 3D used.

Previously all Physx/SLI drivers stayed at 500Mhz, so this one is definatly great if you are an occasional gamer.

Sorry, I meant in Vista 32bit

Hacked my copy to work with 8700M GT SLI. I don't see any options for ambient occlusion, but seems to work fine otherwise.

Update: Been using these for a couple of days with Fallout 3 and World of Warcraft with no issues. I can even turn up the shadow quality to the second-highest setting in WoW with SLI enabled now without glitches.

I did notice that coolbits hacks don't seem to work, so I'm missing overclocking options. Anyone know how to get the overclocking menus and such enabled?

Update: Been using these for a couple of days with Fallout 3 and World of Warcraft with no issues. I can even turn up the shadow quality to the second-highest setting in WoW with SLI enabled now without glitches.

I did notice that coolbits hacks don't seem to work, so I'm missing overclocking options. Anyone know how to get the overclocking menus and such enabled?

just use rivatuner.it works for me!!

Update 2: Connected my external 1920x1200 LCD and the multi-monitor menus don't appear in the nvidia control panel. Also, it's very finicky about actually using the external monitor, and the nvidia control panel starts crashing a lot if I try to toggle options after I try unsuccessfully to force it to use the external monitor.

Edited by HunterZ0

Guest vellkan

Doesn't work. I installed them but when I rebooted it started up in 4-bit colors at lowest resolution and there's no NVIDIA control panel.

I have the same problem.

I've got Aristo Prestige 1700 (Asus Z96S) with nVidia 8600 GS.

I get the same problem. 4bit colour and lowest resolution.

Windows XP Pro SP3 32-bit. NVIDIA Geforce 8600M GS

Has anyone had any luck with these drivers on XP with a 8600M GS?

Guest Perdido

I had the same problem. I tried last driver versions and still 4 colors and low resolution too.

Try to install the drivers in safe mode (reboot -> F8 to access the windows boot menu -> start Windows in safe mode).

It works for me, good luck.

ı will not install this driver for now.because ı dont want problem like yours.

Still ı am using dox 180.84

(LG R-500 8600MGS) :)

Acer aspire 5920g, geforce 8600m gt,

Windows xp SP2.

Works normally;

Doesn't work with modded inf.

But I do need a instrumented inf...the strange thing is that the section [nv_softwaredevicesettings] that can be added manually to let the driver be instrumented is missing!

Some advice or the instrumented inf?

Edited by Demiurge