LaptopVideo2Go Forums
mobilenvidia

v185.20 Windows XP 32bit | NVIDIA

unnamedhero

I am getting the same thing. 4 bit

:) :) :P

jessi3k3
Doesn't work. I installed them but when I rebooted it started up in 4-bit colors at lowest resolution and there's no NVIDIA control panel.
Happened for me as well on my Toshiba Satallite X205-S7483 with XP installed with my 8700m GT of course using the modified INF file. I also got the following.

pooey8.jpg

dont work work with my sager 9890 with a 7900 gtx card . i just get 4 bit prob and say its not compatible with this version of windows.
Hi, this driver don't work with my laptop too. After windows restart the color quality is 4bit with the lower possible resolution.

P.S I've nvidia 8400M GS 256

Same here, Same error.

unnamedhero

Had a really tough time uninstalling too. Rollback didnt work at all

:) :)

Dev Null
I've got an HP Pavillion dv9000 notebook with a Go 7600 (512 MB). I'm running XP Mediacenter 2002 SP3. I've tried installing the 185.20 drivers, both using the setup and manually (uninstall, reboot in safe mode, run Driver Sweeper, install from specific directory) and either way I get the message:

The currently selected graphics display driver can not be used. It was written for a previous version of Windows, and is no longer compatible with this version of Windows. The system has been started using the default VGA adapter.

and I get 800x600x256 colours.

And the outcome is, just in case it helps anyone else having similar problems:

163.44 (what I originally had), running Mass Effect, just gives me a black screen after the splash, but you can still alt-tab out.

185.20 freezes with a black screen after the splash when I start up Mass Effect (didn't try it with much else.)

181.20 (out-of-the-box or Dox optimised) crashes with BSOD on Windows startup.

180.70 runs fine and has run Mass Effect without issues for quite a few hours now.

zulu61

Would someone please tell me if this is the correct driver to use for my laptop (well once I overwrite the initial INF with the modded one)?

I have a Clevo M57U laptop with an NVidia Ge Force Go 7950 GTX card. Everything was fine until recently playing LoTRO (seems like either after the big explansion or perhaps the subsequent fixes/updates, now the graphics keep cutting and tearing (don't know how else to explain it). The driver that was installed and working since its release (ver 6.14.11.7780) I am running with Windows XP Home SP3.

I was originally looking to install 176.09 as I THINK it was the last WHQL supported driver for my specific card but whenever I click the link NVision's link to 176.09 Driver

it gives me this error: How did you end up here? Please go back and try again.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thank you.

sssniper
Would someone please tell me if this is the correct driver to use for my laptop (well once I overwrite the initial INF with the modded one)?

I have a Clevo M57U laptop with an NVidia Ge Force Go 7950 GTX card. Everything was fine until recently playing LoTRO (seems like either after the big explansion or perhaps the subsequent fixes/updates, now the graphics keep cutting and tearing (don't know how else to explain it). The driver that was installed and working since its release (ver 6.14.11.7780) I am running with Windows XP Home SP3.

I was originally looking to install 176.09 as I THINK it was the last WHQL supported driver for my specific card but whenever I click the link NVision's link to 176.09 Driver

it gives me this error: How did you end up here? Please go back and try again.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thank you.

Look through this thread :)

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....mp;#entry104540

Guest kall
hi all, i downloaded this version with modded inf and installed but when i restart the the resolution is changed to 800*600 and 4 bit colour. is this version not compatible with GeForce 8400M GS_? on the other hand when i check the list i can't found my card in it. and this issue is same with 180xx series but i don't want to upgrade 17xxx series cause i want play GTA 4 and people say i must download at least 180.84 so if anyone can help i will be very glad :)

Do you read some benchs sometimes ???? 8400M GS is a crappy gpu don't even think to play gta IV with it !!!

Guest d3nix

Have been using this driver for 2weeks. So far here what i can say *OC Max with RV2.2: sorry4da eng.

1. GRID (Running smooth setting: mixed of high and ultra, 854x484, 4xAS, 16:9)

2. GTA4 (medium and high, res:800x600 no blurry or missing texture anymore, Fps +10% boost. Now more playable espc: on car) :)

3. PES09 W/O GA PATCH (stuttering about 5min play, set:854x480 on High, whether i turn it on low, s*** still happens :) Previously on 181series no problem like this, even when i set 1024x768 high. Weird)

here da spec: Vaio FZ25GN, C2D T7400 (2.0Ghz) undervolt, 3Gig Ram, 8400M GT 128MB DDR3 <oc 675,1350,905>,WinXP SP3

i'll stick with 185 since it gains more fps on many games except pes09. Gpu Temp never reach >77c, one more thing this driver seems a little unstable compare to 181 but its worth to install in ure rigs. My probs is Occasionaly the pc went crashed Whether i do clean install on fresh machine, or sweeping the old driver, same s*** still happens, not too often though.

jase79

So does anyone actually know how to get these drivers to work on an 8600M GS in XP? I wouldn't have a clue as to what put into the INF file to make it work. It sounds like others have gotten it to work by editing the file. and yes i am using the modded INF but that doesn't work at all.

Andrew55

The modded inf is there for this purpose. Just download it and replace the original.

Guest Harry
Doesn't work. I installed them but when I rebooted it started up in 4-bit colors at lowest resolution and there's no NVIDIA control panel.

SAME!!! HP dv9200 XPSP3

jase79
The modded inf is there for this purpose. Just download it and replace the original.

I tried that before, it doesn't work, i get the 4bit colours and low res still..... and yes i do certainly know what im doing. I will try it one more time. Hopefully i'll become lucky and it will work.

Edit: just to make it more clear, i have to use the modded INF anyway since the installer doesnt work with the 8600M GS normally. If it doesnt work the next time i try it there is something wrong with the modded INF.

Edited by jase79

jase79

All good now, i modded the original INF myself after i worked out how to. Now its all working and as an added bonus i can overclock the 8600 in XP finally.

Raproid

jase79, so what exactly did you change in *.inf file to work it on?

I have the same problem on 8600M GS with 4bit color and now have no idea how to fix it.

Guest Guest

i have a amilo xi 1526 with a geforce 7600 go... installation works but when i restart after the windows bootsplash i get a bluescreen with 3 versions down = the same thing

bassplayercasale

Hallo everybody!...I only want to ask you a question :I've got an Acer Aspire Gemstone Notebook,with Geforce 8600m GT 512mb,Dual Core 2 Duo 2,2 Ghz,3 Gb ram ddr2---I have old video drivers on it:101.38.

They work properly until now with all the games I played,like Cod 4,Crysis,Bioshock,Pure,GTA SanAndreas,Colin Dirt,Sega Rally Revo,ecc...but with GTA IV,I've got a crash when I start it..the game charge,and after the beginning's music..black screen!..I click Windows button and come to desktop,and than opening the icon of the game it starts!and I can see the game's starting menu..I begin the game and I play it between 15 and 25 fps averange at 800 x 600 resolution,texture and rendering medium ,traffic 15,view distance at 100,shadows 0,and other at 3...not too bad ,because this game is twice heavy than Crysis!!!For the crashes,I don't think it's a notebook problem..all we know that GTA IV is full of bugs..but I would change my video driver to see if I can fix this crash problem and the performances can change well!

Does anyone has my same notebook and tryed with gTA IV any "go better things"?Thanks!!!!

Edited by bassplayercasale

sssniper
Hallo everybody!...I only want to ask you a question :I've got an Acer Aspire Gemstone Notebook,with Geforce 8600m GT 512mb,Dual Core 2 Duo 2,2 Ghz,3 Gb ram ddr2---I have old video drivers on it:101.38.

They work properly until now with all the games I played,like Cod 4,Crysis,Bioshock,Pure,GTA SanAndreas,Colin Dirt,Sega Rally Revo,ecc...but with GTA IV,I've got a crash when I start it..the game charge,and after the beginning's music..black screen!..I click Windows button and come to desktop,and than opening the icon of the game it starts!and I can see the game's starting menu..I begin the game and I play it between 15 and 25 fps averange at 800 x 600 resolution,texture and rendering medium ,traffic 15,view distance at 100,shadows 0,and other at 3...not too bad ,because this game is twice heavy than Crysis!!!For the crashes,I don't think it's a notebook problem..all we know that GTA IV is full of bugs..but I would change my video driver to see if I can fix this crash problem and the performances can change well!

Does anyone has my same notebook and tryed with gTA IV any "go better things"?Thanks!!!!

Try Dox 181.20. i think it will help you with GTA IV

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....showtopic=22670

Slavikas

PLEASE HELP. This 18XX series drivers are very good, but I still have the problem with sleeping mode. Laptop does not want to wake up!!! I dont want go back to old drivers - it less performance efficient, and heat!!! I am tired to find out the solution, all forums both russian and english failed to resolve it...((((((

Guest mas

I'm using a Geforce 8800GT PCIe and a Geforce 4 MX420 PCI but I can't get the MX420 work with this driver. I'm using the modded inf and I can install it but then Win tells me that there is an error.

Any ideas? Is there another version which would work better?

Andrew55

You realize you can't run both cards at the same time right? Also, try some much older drivers with the mx420, like before 100.xx

Guest mas

I found out that a 177.xx works basically but I can't arrange the monitors. If I do that I get a bluescreen. Very strange.

A version before 100.xx is really old. That's not really an option for daily use with the 8800GT or am I wrong?

davidh5551

HI! I have a problem installing this driver in my dell vostro 1500 with a geforce 8400 gs and XP SP3. After I copy de modded inf file, when I start the setup file evrething is right. After the reboot, the screen seems terrible and message says that the driver is not compatible with this OS (XP SP3). Can somebody help me?? Sorry for my English, I'm from Ecuador...........

Edited by davidh5551

xewax

Not working with my 9600M GT,

Lowest resolution and 4 bit colors,

The Same when installed in Safe mode.

anuclearbomb
Do you read some benchs sometimes ???? 8400M GS is a crappy gpu don't even think to play gta IV with it !!!

hey,

I agree that its a crappy GPU. But with some overclocking and adjusting your GTA IV setting to lowest. You sure can enjoy it at a reasonable FPS. I get 70+FPS in COD4 at 1280x1024 resolution with this crappy GPU :)

Guest Untitled

I'm using GeForce 8400M G and the driver works perfect.

No changes on Vista WEI though. Still 3.3 on Graphics.

GTA IV runs much better with this driver, compared to pre-180.xx ones. Still, I suffer performace issues alot since I have only 128MB of VRAM. (The game requires a faster GPU and at least 256MB VRAM. Hope they do make patch with makes TurboCache compatible with the game, since I have 3GB of DDR2 System RAM.)

Anyhow, there's an issue with external displays. The driver doesn't detect them. I tried but still it doesn't work.

PCMark05 Score - 3984

3DMark06 Score - (did not test, because it's usually stays at 1000-1100)

System specs:

OS - Windows Vista Ultimate 32-bit

CPU - Intel Core 2 Duo T7300 (Merom) 2.00GHz

RAM - 3072MB

Graphics - GeForce 8400M G 128MB