LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v185.20 Windows XP 32bit | NVIDIA

mobilenvidia

Hi all,

I had a problem installing this driver on my laptop. I'm using Dell 9400 with Geforce Go 7900GS, after replacing the modded INF and finish the installation, reboot the system, get into Windows with 4 bit color and 800x600 resolution. What should I do to solve this problem? Thank you.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ACP0WER

• jase79

• Mushu

• eleron911

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all,

I had a problem installing this driver on my laptop. I'm using Dell 9400 with Geforce Go 7900GS, after replacing the modded INF and finish the installation, reboot the system, get into Windows with 4 bit color and 800x600 resolution. What should I do to solve this problem? Thank you.

I have exactly the same problem, as do many other people in this thread. Same question, is there a solution for this?

When i installed the driver my windows starting windows at 4 bit and 640x480 resolution.. And don't let me change.. So it doesn't work.. It doesn't work for many users i think.. Please fix this! :)

by the way im using XP SP3

Edited by Equal1zer

There is a solution for our 4 bit problem.. Download the Dox's optimized driver.. You can find in this site. Thanks Dox!!

download isn't working ..... !?

try another browser.

I´m having problems with download, it´s not working, none of them. Please check!

The 185.20 with modded inf is not working on my system.

I've got Acer 5920g with a Geforce 8600M GT 512MB running on Windwos XP Prof. Service Pack 3.

After a reboot I get the message that the driver has been written for an earlier version of windows.

I get thrown back to 640x480 and 256colours(or was it less?).

The 181.20 are just working fine for me.

The only problem was my external Samsung LCD.

I had to connect it analog, there was no way in hell

to get it running under it's native resolution. :-)

The 185.20 with modded inf is not working on my system

try it without the modded inf. should work since its supported natively

I have an HP Pavilion dv9780ep wich i changed Windows Vista to Windows XP Pro SP3 32-bit. I tried this to NVIDIA Geforce 8600M GS and worked!!! Thanks :)

Hi there... I've being using this site as a source of drivers for long... good job

however ive just faced a odd problem with this new version of driver which looks to be easy to fix (even though i have no idea what to do)

so the thing is ... I have a Samsung r560, Geforce 9600.

So the thing is, the Brightness control (Fn+ Arrow UP/DOWN) is compused by 8 levels where the level 1 is the darkest. After installing this driver (185.20) when set the brightness to any level BELOW the 3th one, the backlight of my laptop goes of completely. I know that because with a bright light i can see the Vista, Firefox windows and so one. So to turn it back on i need to set it over the 3 level and then use the (Fn+ F5) which stands for backlight reset.

The big problem is that the 3 level when using at night for some reason it is to bright. and im not in the mood to burn my eyes lol

How to fix that?

btw, i have my whole system up to date, (drivers, Samsung stuffs)

All the best Beto

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERNS:

if found the solution :

it all with editing the nv4_disp.inf, it seems that nvidia has changed the lay out of the nv4_disp.inf like the following:

in old nv4_disp.inf (was taken from modded nv4_disp.inf version 16909) , the card is mentioned twice in the file ,

------------------------------------------------------------------------

[1]in the first part it looks like :

%NVIDIA_NV41.DEV_00C8.1% = mobile_nv4_NV3x, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_00C8 ( for my case card : geforce go 6800)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

[2]and second part of the file looks like :

NVIDIA_NV41.DEV_00C8.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce Go 6800"

================================================================================

====

in the new nv4_disp.inf that comes with 18520, the card is mentioned 3 times :

[1]first time its commented, where the name is going to be retreived :[*]

; 10DE.00C3 " NV4x NV41 NVIDIA GeForce 6800 XT

; 10DE.00C8 " NV3x NV41 NVIDIA GeForce Go 6800 -<----------- this is my card in the first (new) list, i've added it to look like the others.

[2]2nd time :

%NVIDIA_DEV.00C3.01% = Section001, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_00C3

%NVIDIA_DEV_00C8.01% = Section001, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_00C8 -<------------ this is my card in that list

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

[3]3d time:

NVIDIA_DEV.00C8.01 = "NVIDIA GeForce Go 6800"

----------------------------------------------------------------------

======================================================

Conclusion : Compating between old version and new version :

[1]

old: %NVIDIA_NV41.DEV_00C8.1% = mobile_nv4_NV3x, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_00C8

new:%NVIDIA_DEV_00C8.01% = Section001, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_00C8

underlined parts are information to create the line in the first list[*] in the new inf ( that comes with the downloaded driver) so you will mod it yourself.

[2]

old: NVIDIA_NV41.DEV_00C8.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce Go 6800"

new:NVIDIA_DEV.00C8.01 = "NVIDIA GeForce Go 6800"

Need for Speed Undercover increase its fps! From 20-25 (with 180.70) to 24-36 with the same settings. :)

But resume from sleep mode doesn't seem to work. :) Never mind!

Edited by salvo

Guest tux-on-the-run

I've got an Acer Aspire 5920G (GeForce 8600M GT (256MB)) and this driver works nearly perfectly. I' able to play GTA IV in 1024x768 (medium setting) and 1280x800 (just a small number of FPS :) ). But my problem is, that I can not change the scalling in the NVIDIA-Setting Tool. So sometimes I got a black frame (left and right) when I'm playing other games in 1280x800...

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERNS:

if found the solution :

:)

I got it man!

With my 7900 GO GTX (0299 ID) it works!