• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zipper

• nViable

• Diman

• GaryHook

Hi guys,

after installing this driver, i wasnt able to watch HD videos using the PureVideo HD accelerator.

I always get a short black screen and then windows tells me, that nvlddmkm had been restarted.

Because of that i switched back to 179.14 (cleaning with Driver Sweeper).

But the problem is now the same!!

Before installing the 185.20 with modded inf everything worked fine!

Someone knows that problem?

My System:

ASUS X55SV

GeForce 9500M GS

Vista 32 Bit

HOLY HELL, this driver is amazing!!! Before this one I used the latest driver I could get from DELL, v175.97! Games like Half Life 2, Oblivion,... runned smoothly and just fine(but later released games like Far Cry 2 and GTA IV didn't). First I thought my rig couldn't pull games off anymore like Far Cry 2 and GTA IV... But since I installed these drivers these games run so smoothly now!!! Even on higher resolutions(1920*1200)!!! It looks like my rig actually STILL can handle such games pretty good, you only need the right drivers! What driver optimalisation not all can do to the performance of games...!!! thanks

rig: Inspiron 1720, Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, GeForce 8600M GT 256MB RAM, Vista SP1 32Bit

Hey guys - Great forum - DOX, you do good work! :)

I recently purchased a Dell Studio XPS 1340 laptop that came with a 'GeForce 9500M GE' card.

I'm having serious problems with the Sleep Issue and NOTHING works. It just crashes each and every time I try to wake it up.

I notice that the modded INF here does not support the 9500M GE, can anyone help me with a fix/instructions to get these drivers onto my laptop?

cheers,

rejox

Can someone help me? i have a question, maybe it is really n00bish but i'm a n00b, i bought my notebook 2 days ago :)

i want to install this driver but it supports 9200M GS and i have 9200M GE. can i install this driver with out using .inf and have-disk method ?

Edited by kafilemarduk

im running my laptop hopefully at full spec

4GB Ram

2.0 duo core

Nvidia 8600M GT

yad yad ya

i play cod4 and this is amazing im getting like 200 FPS on full settings wich is amazing

but i play and older game and the FPS are naff with the older driver one before this 1 was amazing for that game Day of Defeat 100 FPS maxed out but now it drops while playing or an explosion happens never happend before :)

could their possbily be a fix for this as its runing my game play and i cant kep changing the .infs over to play the games its rather annoying :)

do u know if they fixed the modded INF to work with 9600m gt

last time i tried it it was awful ........i think that can be fixed in the inf because there's a 9600m gt user who changed the inf himself was able to make it work

anyway if not , do u know what drivers are recommended for a 9600m gt user ??

Guest topryan

These drivers are working great for me. Much better then previous drivers. Halo plays much better. Hibernation works great. Cad programs run great. This is a keeper.

Sager 2092 laptop

nvidia 8600m gt 512 dd2

4g ram

Hello Everyone ,

After stumbling here and there for a cure for the substandard performance Mobile Nvidia 9200M GS in Laptop HP Pavilion Dv5T , I did come to this forum and found out I was able to install v185.20, although there is no modded INF file which support my card. For this I used and initially installed v180.70 with its modded INF file, which worked up pretty ok without any hitches but did not improve performance. Then I simply installed v185.20 without its modded INF file.

Things are pretty fast after installation, and the whole choppy webpage scrolling and slow Vista Aero animations were smooth now, which are by far my biggest problems and source of anger with such a powerful video card. Although I did wonder that why were these below par performance issues with the standard supplied drivers , both from HP and NVidia support websites. Have read on a couple of others forums that this is a problem with other users sporadically as well.

However i have this problem now that whenever from the desktop or the control panel , I call up the "Personalize" option or the NVidia Control Panel, the windows shows an error message of Application Crash , and opens these windows after repeating the messeage for a couple of times. I did check this by uninstalling v185.20 and re-installing v180.70 when both these display options start working correctly without any application crash message.

The help I would require is that please guide me a way to use 185.20 drivers without any crashes, since they really do improve video performance by far.

Any ideas/suggestions would be welcome. If any then please specify exact steps to insert and create my own Modded INF file.

I am using:

HP Pavilion Dv-5t

4GB system RAM

Nvidia 9200M GS

256MB Graphics RAM

Windows Vista Ultimate 32 Bit

Device Hardware ID (in Device Manager ) is PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_06E8&SUBSYS_3603103C&REV_A1

Thanks and Regards.

AlterEgo.

185.20 without Modded INF on my XPS m1730 Laptop that's a real good job,thanks xxxxx :unsure: Works really really well :)

Now ALL my games runs more than good and for real all at "High" & in my original resolution 1920 x 1200,i don't believe it :unsure: !!!!

Thanks to all the team,before i have try all the 18 series for my 8800M GTX x2 in SLI,but this 185.20 are the best,yeah yesterday i've installed "F.E.A.R 2" wouah what nice and always all in "HIGH" that's the truth believe me ,in FEAR 2,Crysis,crysis warhead,Farcry 2,call of duty modern warfare,unreal tournament III,& more etc etc.. :) Since the 1srt january i fly very high when i play all my games with my laptop :unsure: holly Laptop & with this 185.20,just install ,perform update by the peripherics panel "videocards" & roll on :unsure:

Apologize for my bad english,but i'm sure u're able to undertsand all... :P ... i don't know !!!But Good driver for sure for my Dell xps 1730 Laptop,now my two 8800M GTX from nvidia in SLI with an AGEIA PhysX Processor (now Nvidia product) runs crazy & no temp,no accelerate fan ,so well,unbelievable,i'm HA-PPY :w00t: ,and i don't have overclock my two 8800M GTX,i wait this week,without overclocking all runs like hell but with a good overclocking that's surely amazing,but i wait...

Thanks

Giddy06

Nice

France

i have the same issue where when the laptop goes to sleep the screen never comes up (even though the laptop starts up). i have to push the power button to turn it off and restart it.

anyone have any clue?

thanks,

I have an HP G60-120US Laptop, equipped with a NVIDIA Geforce 8200m G.

Setup WILL NOT let me install with or without the Modded INF. Can someone PLEASE let me know if this driver package works with the 8200m G?

IF it IS indeed compatible, What Do I have to do to get this Installed?

I have already tried through Device Manager but I'm prompted that my drivers installed are the LATEST (close).

Edited by o0gregory0o

does your GPU downclock when its not under load? cause im using this driver it my gpu doesnt seem to downclock when im using non-graphic intensive applications (browsing)

currently my clocks are at 513Mhz, 1026Mhz, 400 Mhz but before i remember than my clock go down after gaming to about half of the values i have now

Hello guys, quick question...

Do you know if this driver compatible with the nVidia GeForce 9800M GS?

I have a brand new MSi GT627-218US and want to test it out.

I don't see it listed on the compatibility list, but maybe because it's a newer model for laptops?

Cheers and keep up the good work.

RayanMX

Hi all,

As previously stated, this driver is stable. Crysis is runnin smoother than ever and Temps are better than ever. Unfortunately, I am going to revert because Battlefield 2 no longer works after installing these :) ha ha this sucks.

how do i enable powermizer? i tried doing the regedit and all i can see is this

powermizer.jpg

what should i edit?