LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v185.20 Windows Vista 32bit | NVIDIA

mobilenvidia

works great, SLI on the laptop, 9800 GT, even Physx can be enabled.

And most importantly the clock speed is throttled back to 200Mhz when no 3D used.

Previously all Physx/SLI drivers stayed at 500Mhz, so this one is definatly great if you are an occasional gamer.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zipper

• nViable

• Diman

• GaryHook

3DMark 06 score on my Acer 5930G - 9600M GT (DDR3):

-180.84 (Dox Optimised): 5618

-185.20: 5363

-> what the .... ??? It's problem just with this card, or everyone gets slower FPS??

Tyhle drivery jsou úplně na hovno. Mám taky o hodně men?í FPS

Guest Preeyn
Why do I have to translate this with Google? ("These drivers are totally sucks. I got a lot less FPS")

Just write in English pls.

Running an 8600GS here, put my laptop to sleep and had issues with it starting up again. But saying that, I've had issues with the standard drivers before so nothing new for me there; probably to do with something else as well.

Got 2570 in 3D Mark 06 - and had a few freezing issues with ProStreet (for about 5 to 10 secs at a time), didn't have that before. But this seemed to have stopped when I ran the game for the second time.

I have a packard bell sb88 with only 6 months!Its hardware is an intel 7500 2,2 ghz, nvidia geforce 8600 m gs 512mb, 3 gigas ram ddr2, 2*seagate momentum 7200 rpm 200 gb, 17" phillips screen!I m afraid of changing its video driver, but it s driver has more than 8 months!One friend of mine tried to change the drivers from its vga card with one of this and the laptop freezes and he had to format all the laptop!What advices do you give me?is it safe to update with one of laptop2go drivers?whta should i do?

greetings

What advices do you give me?

Don't post in this thread about it.

Get more intelligent friends.

is it safe to update with one of laptop2go drivers?

Yes

whta should i do?

Read the Guide\FAQ on the front page.

If you have tried, or don't get something you've read up on, then open a thread for help or look at existing ones.

I have a packard bell sb88 with only 6 months!Its hardware is an intel 7500 2,2 ghz, nvidia geforce 8600 m gs 512mb, 3 gigas ram ddr2, 2*seagate momentum 7200 rpm 200 gb, 17" phillips screen!I m afraid of changing its video driver, but it s driver has more than 8 months!One friend of mine tried to change the drivers from its vga card with one of this and the laptop freezes and he had to format all the laptop!What advices do you give me?is it safe to update with one of laptop2go drivers?whta should i do?

greetings

This is my first driver update from here, or ever, for that matter. I only got this laptop a few months ago - so it's still relatively new. I've had no problems, but it's not even been half a day since I updated the driver so it may be too early to tell. But I'd encourage you to go for it, depends what you want/need it for.

Does your friend have the same model laptop as you? Otherwise you should be fine, just follow the instructions carefully...

greetings

if this is your first update and u r inexperienced with computers u should install the latest official nvidia mobile drivers 179.28, they are pretty fast and stable.

the 179.28 can also be found on this site (or of course at nvidia.com).

alternatively i would recommend the Dox optimized 180.84.1

Uhmm... I guess the other drivers put your card too much to the max.

It's better to have less FPS, and be able to keep playing for more then 5 minutes.

from which planet do you come from ???

I can't download driver :)

Can you not download at all or are you able to download but the setup isn't working? If you're having any other problems, try checking here.

Guest Edytka
Can you not download at all or are you able to download but the setup isn't working? If you're having any other problems, try checking here.

I cant download - when I click on "download" appears to "How did you end up here?

Please go back and try again. "

I cant download - when I click on "download" appears to "How did you end up here?

Please go back and try again. "

Try another webbrowser, like opera or firefox

I have only firefox.

Like gtnrkt already mentioned, download opera from here and try using that.

3DMark 06 score on my Acer 5930G - 9600M GT (DDR3):

-180.84 (Dox Optimised): 5618

-185.20: 5363

-> what the .... ??? It's problem just with this card, or everyone gets slower FPS??

Já se tady sna?im psát anglicky, a jediný kdo mi odpoví je zrovna Čech :) Ale jinak s tebou plně souhlasím...

These drivers totally sucks for 9600M GT... :)

Edited by Thorus

Well, when I first installed it on my xps 1530 (8600m gt) this driver really worked fine concerning performance and temps. Then funny Glitsches occured (I think black and white pixels are glitsches?)eventhough the temps were OK, my system nearly crashed and NOW, after i > completely < uninstalled this driver, rebooted and installed the normal dell-driver the powermizer still doesn't work anymore. oO

The "powermizer switch" programs says "powermizer settings not found".

What can I do? oO I dont want my laptop to run on full 3d-perfomance while writing emails xD

THX for your help =)

anyone experienced a constant error while playing cod4 online with this driver? (iw3mp.exe)

Well, when I first installed it on my xps 1530 (8600m gt) this driver really worked fine concerning performance and temps. Then funny Glitsches occured (I think black and white pixels are glitsches?)eventhough the temps were OK, my system nearly crashed and NOW, after i > completely < uninstalled this driver, rebooted and installed the normal dell-driver the powermizer still doesn't work anymore. oO

The "powermizer switch" programs says "powermizer settings not found".

What can I do? oO I dont want my laptop to run on full 3d-perfomance while writing emails xD

THX for your help =)

Yeah but as far as I know the full performance isn't utililised when you're writing emails (or doing any light work like that).

Don't hold me to that, though...

On battery power it drops to low power 3D.

hey zipper!

have u tried these with any of the games?

ive a similar gpu and am using 179.13

On battery power it drops to low power 3D.
Edited by nightwolf314

What are all the good things that are suppose to be their with control panel? I can't seem to find any of them on my list. someone got a screen shot of them all? Anyways, guess im going to remove control panel and reinstall and see if it pops up. Anyone got an idea?

What are all the good things that are suppose to be their with control panel? I can't seem to find any of them on my list. someone got a screen shot of them all? Anyways, guess im going to remove control panel and reinstall and see if it pops up. Anyone got an idea?

it's the same old "new panel" as always just with an ambient occlusion entry.

http://forums.techpowerup.com/showthread.p...724#post1134724

@powermizer guys

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....st&p=102577