LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v185.20 Windows Vista 32bit | NVIDIA

mobilenvidia

Guest Venorsh

Hi there :)

I have a question concerning this driver because I am not familar with drivers and I am a little bit overwhelmed by all those information :)

I have an Acer Aspire 6930G and my graphic card is an Nvidia GeForce 9600M-GS. I just want to know if I should use this driver. I also play GTA IV and Fallout 3 and I am hoping that this driver can improve the performance on my notebook.

Thanks for your help and Greetings

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zipper

• nViable

• Diman

• Doomer

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends which driver you're using just now - probably you get better performance of it; your card is included in the original inf.

I just tried some gaming and didn't notice anything particular, on 1080i screen.

Gaming is all right because it is controlled by the VSYNC option in 3D settings. The problem occurs when watching a video file (.avi , .mkv) especially in scenes with quick movement. Then the TV shows something like when you have VSYNC OFF but at the same time, the laptop screens plays smoothly! But I haven't tested it with resolutions higher than 720p

Best driver yet, OC working (YEAH), best preformance. Some shaders problems in WoW or CoD4, but this new series is new NVIDIA driver age. Try it! some problems with instalation on mobile with modded inf(panel not working) but on desktop all work.

I get a slight issue with WoW but other than that it's nothing hudge (One of the squares how they did their map sometimes will be a bit darker and it's a in box shape and on the other side is lighter, if you move the camera some it goes back to looking like the line doesn't exist)

Other than that i got a 50% increase in performance for Fallout 3 Ultra with max Samplings. Haven't had a chance to try all the other games installed on my laptop. This is by far the best drivers nVidia has produced. Kudo's!

so ive installed this driver with modded inf and at the end of the instalation it wrote thet it couldnt start the file NVsvc or something properly ... when i restarted the computer it shows the driver normally installed ... however i cant customize games in the NV control panel . please help .

Thx , Pistino01

I had some issue with WoW. It freeze up and crash if I play for a long period in a raid with massive events spell going on at the same time. Relog, all characters end up naked.

this naked problem is an know game issue, isn't a driver failure. i did OS raid without problem using this driver

I'm missing the 32bit color mode in Windows7 (beta1 build 7000).. Works with this one: "176.92 vista".

Any idea on how to fix this?

This on a Quadro 360M laptop nvidia card.

Edited by unready

Guest mclisme

I went to Display > Setup Multiple Displays and rightclick the TV and UNCHECK Clone View. Now I can set resolutions of up to 1080p but now there is a different problem. In Clone View I was using before, I saw the exact same picture in Lap and TV which was comfy for everyday pc use and watching movies. But from the moment I turned off Clone View, the only thing I see in my TV is the picture I have as a desktop background, without the computer icons. Everything I do in the laptop stays there and is not shown in the TV, no movies, no games, I always see the desktop background only.

But if I set the primary display to TV then some strange things happen. I see my computer with its icons and I can start programs etc. but I have chopped borders and if i try to open Nvidia Control Panel to fix it, it opens but shows ONLY on laptop where I cannot control it with mouse but only with keyboard! To sum up:

1) When I have separate displays set (Uncheck Clone View) then the TV shows only the desktop picture with no icons! As I cannot do anything there, I turn my primary display to TV

2) When primary display is the TV (1080p/24) then a) computer has chopped borders, :) mouse works only on TV 3) keyboard works only on LAP

??????????????????

this driver is awful i don't understand those who said it works better in GTA IV, yes they are stable, yes they are not overheating but in term of performance they're crap. Maybe it's just me but here is what i get :

179.28 --->185.20

stress temps : 77--->67 (ok well)

3Dmarks06 : 6059--->5638 (crappy crappy crappy !)

GTA IV 1024*768 : 33---->29 average fps (crappy....)

9600M GT users if your results differ please let me know then.

still 6059 is great are you overclocking..?? and what kind of cpu you've.. 5604 with 180.70 is the best I get so far no overclocking and a intel core2duo P7350

will try this one when official inf. for 9600M GT are up

Guest frantz
this driver is awful i don't understand those who said it works better in GTA IV, yes they are stable, yes they are not overheating but in term of performance they're crap. Maybe it's just me but here is what i get :

179.28 --->185.20

stress temps : 77--->67 (ok well)

3Dmarks06 : 6059--->5638 (crappy crappy crappy !)

GTA IV 1024*768 : 33---->29 average fps (crappy....)

the same for my 9600m gt

i have lost 200 points on 3Dmarks06 (5200---->5000)

and it's not stable on far cry 2

i am coming back to 179.28

sorry for my english, i'm french :)

EURGH!

Going back to 179.28, Crysis Warhead and Crysis perform horribly on these. Higher temps too, these drivers dont like the 9600M GT.

WOW!!! Even vista shows basescore 5.6 for 3D Gaming & graphics in my loppy!!! ON 3DMark03 i got 11383 3DMarks with other versions less then 9800!!!

Guest CainMaxi

"Windows encountered a problem installing the driver software for you device

Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it.

NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS

The system cannot find the file specified.

etc etc."

May I please have help with this?

HP Pavilion dv6871us.

As said earlier, nVidia 8400M GS.

I have the modded INF.

Personally, I find my card worthless because of the lack of driver support. :)

-Cain

My vista score went up from 4.9 to 5.0 but I have issue with WoW. Long term playing, FPS drop bit by bit. I was hitting 20FPS in Org where the area I suppose to have 80FPS+.

Guest nintendo

Hello guys, I am having a very strange problem. I installed these drivers and as I was switching between TV and Monitor as a primary display, at the end I somehow managed to lose my desktop ! I mean that even after disconnecting the HDMI cable and setting my monitor as the only display at its native resolution, everything seems fine, but I cannot see ANYTHING in the desktop, neither my previous shortcuts nor the Computer / Documents / Recycle Bin icons! Nothing!

I tried uninstallins nothing and installing previous versions of drivers but the desktop still shows nothing!!! Toolbars and programs work ok.

Any IDeas????

Guest Venorsh

I installed the drivers and performance in GTA IV has increased (I have a 9600M GS). However, I can't change individual nvidia settings for GTA IV anymore (under 3D settings) I can enter the settings but I am not able to change them.

Reason is that even if performance in GTA IV has improved, it is still very slow during night (e.g. many lights) and changing those settings has helped with the old driver.

Anybody got an idea who it is possible to change those settings? Thanks a lot :)

These drivers prevent scaling so gpu running at full blast,not cool for power saving or normal windows apps. Also crashes nvidia control panel when setting sli but after reboot its in sli. 3dmark score is improved by 400 from 10660 to 11060. Not worth it cause of the scaling. still wanting drivers that will give me 13000 3Dmark 06 score

I'm not sure whether I did something wrong here (First time using a modded driver)

I'm using a Gateway P-6831 FX with a 8800M GTS DDR3 videocard

I used the modded INF file and it installed perfectly fine.

However when I restarted my computer, I noticed I no longer have Vista Aero appearance and can not even open up my nVidia control panel.

It says "NVIDIA Display Panel extention can not be created"

Furthermore, when I load World of Warcraft, the game freezes up and is followed up with the BLUE SCREEN which then shuts down my laptop.

still 6059 is great are you overclocking..?? and what kind of cpu you've.. 5604 with 180.70 is the best I get so far no overclocking and a intel core2duo P7350

will try this one when official inf. for 9600M GT are up

i've got a crappy T5800 processor who score only 1675 in 3D marks and yeah i'm overclocked to 660/1650/925 on my 9600M GT so don't panic your performances are normals.

Did you use Driver Sweeper after uninstalling the old driver? I had no problems - AAMOF I had two links when right clicking...

Guest EMILIO

GTA IV achieve a really good FPS, especially with a moderate overclocking.

I got an ACER 6920G 4Gb with the 9500M GS

only thing is that i notice occasionally is a consistent framedrop, (variable after 10 to 30 mins) that with previous drivers did not occur

Obviously i tried without overclocking , same.. I used also the powermizer switch applet "off" and "on" both on AC and Battery but same .

Anyone with same issue ? pity because on my machine the performance increase is really good untill it last...

ciao !

Emilio