LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v185.20 Windows Vista 32bit | NVIDIA

mobilenvidia

Smells overheating followed by downclocking.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zipper

• nViable

• Diman

• Doomer

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest emilio

yes You might be right .... using Fanspped applet GPU temp was 51 as I switched back to the desktop to verify, which is quite the average for my pc.... obviously cannot check if it was higher during the game.

Since I realized that not all entries are needed for enabling PowerMizer (at least on my Laptop), I just added* PowerMizerEnable = 1 and PerfLevelSrc = 0x3333 and it works perfectly in Battery and AC Mode (screw PowerMizerLevel etc :P )

I added them at HKLM\System\CCS\Control\Video\{SearchYourGraphiccard}\0000 (and 0001)

Hm... :) The Entries you are describe are there yet. But the Powermizer seems not to work. (I can't find it in CP)

(Hm... :) Die Einträge die du beschreibst, sind schon da. Aber der Powermizer scheint nicht zu funktionieren. (Ich kann ihn im CP nicht finden)

I've the 179.28 forceware, anyone can say me if this drivers make difference on my GeForce Go 7900 GS? And between these and the new 181.20?

You have the driver from the NVIDIA Page, right? The difference is, the StandBy Mode will work with the 179.28, with 181.20 not.

And maybe you have a few FPS more in some games with the new one.

At least I have determined that at my Laptop.

(Du hast den Treiber von der NVIDIA Seite, richtig? Der Unterschied ist, der StandBy Modus funktioniert mit dem 179.28, mit dem 181.20 nicht.

Und vielleicht hast du mit dem neuern, in einigen Spielen, ein paar FPS mehr.

Zumindest bei meinem Laptop konnte ich das feststellen.)

Guest furiaazul

This was the first time i ve update the drivers of my packard bell because it only had 5 months!i ve installed the 179.28 drivers in my laptop and the performance in 3d mark2001 dropped form 19500 to 16700!umh...not quite a good experience!

Hm... :) The Entries you are describe are there yet. But the Powermizer seems not to work. (I can't find it in CP)

I've never seen PowerMizer (and SmartDimmer) settings in CP with Vista (even in the 179.28), just in WinXP.

To check if PowerMizer works correctly, you have to use the monitoring function in rivatuner or gpu-z or whichever programm u like to monitor your current clockrates

Greetings everyone.

I saw in this topic several posts about complaining how bad is that driver for owners of 9600m GT. I am also owner of this card and I CAN'T complain. I have little increase of scores in 3dMark 06 and SIGNIFICANT increase of FPS in DX 10 games with these 185.20 drivers. BUT the reason why: .... I hadnt used modded inf from here. I added single line to original "nv_disp" of these drivers downloaded from here.... Maybe thats the reason. Worked for me, hope it will for you.

Cheers

Thanks a lot for the drivers and INF.

This is the first that enables me to overclock the 8600GS in my Vaio FZ since 169.04. Dox's 180.70 beats this driver by 60 points in 3dmark06 but I can't OC with that. Only negative is the modded INF breaks WHQL and blu-ray playback doesn't work, but I'll be OC'ing a lot more than watching bluray (I only own 2 BR discs anyhow :) )

solved the downclocking in a curious way... i monitored the GPU temp and it was occuring whnever temp was passing 70 C. during GTA IV...so i downclocked preventively the gpu and the shadow bar slightly in rivatuner while increasing the memory with a bit of OC.. result is that with the 9500GS M and GTA IV 1366x768 the FPS level are still very good and temp max reached 67-68 so no downclock caused by the thermal protection intervention as i guess I am just below their threshold.

the question i have is 67-68 is still ok or will cause potential issues in the GPU life ?

I got a STRANGE problem, but I think isnt a driver issue.

My notebook LCD got an 1px horizontal line in screen, some guys in ASUS vip forum said that its a driver problem, another guys saind that I broke something in my LCD ><

Someone knows about that?

[]'s

HI;

Any help please?

I successfully installed the driver on my 8400M GS but for some reason the laptop just doesn't come out of sleep mode when ever i put it to sleep....i have to completely shut it down then turn it on again

My laptop is HP Pavilion dv6732ee

I would like to keep this driver but i need to solve this problem first!

What is a normal temperature for my 8600MGS?? It stays 76-78C, but with gtaIV it goes up to 96, is it really bad??

Guest jonbob123

After 7 hours of messing with these M(mobile graphics card) which is installed on my xps m1530 laptop 8600M gt, I am frustrated. I have read all the guides and i have downloaded the latest driver for my 8600M gt video card off the nvidia site and i get "The NVIDIA Setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware. Setup will now exit." So after reading the guides I figured out that these need modified setup files with modified infs. I have some very important questions. Ok if the mod inf should let ANY driver get installed how come the official NVidia setup files off their site will not work and say The NVIDIA Setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware. Setup will now exit. Also I after I add the mod inf and set it up(v185.20 vista 32 bit), is that when I can set up the official nvidia setup program for the 8600m gt or can I actually not ever install the official setup and will have to use the laptopvideo2go setups with my 8600m gt? Oh by the way even after doing the setup with modded inf, I still cannot use the official nvidia driver setup for the 8600m gt because it still says The NVIDIA Setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware. Setup will now exit. However the laptopvideo2go does still work. Phew.. :)

What is a normal temperature for my 8600MGS?? It stays 76-78C, but with gtaIV it goes up to 96, is it really bad??

Those temperatures are too high!!

Your idle (when not doing anything) temp should be like 50-65C, when your playing a game, it should be highest 70C.

You need to get rid of these drivers man and fast! I have something amazing to tell you guys(if u dont already know it yet!)

NVIDIA NOW SUPPORTS NOTEBOOKS!!!! Check out this link for the Nvidia Notebook drivers 179.28 beta! Yes I know they are beta but I have used them on my Dell M1530 8600m GT 256mb, and they work perfect. I get 18-22 fps on Crysis on med settings! before on the 176.44 dell drivers i got 16-19!! I get like 4 fps more on CODWAW, and 5 fps more on far cry 2 med settings, now average fps is 27-31fps!!

http://www.nvidia.com/object/notebook_drivers.html

NVIDIA NOW SUPPORTS NOTEBOOKS!!!!

Yes!

And after downloading a 123MB file I get..........

Wait for it..............................

Hardware not compatible.

Boy that was totally worth my while.

The drivers here work with everything.

Maybe Nvidia should just link to these drivers instead.

They are exactly the same drivers - lv2go better packing excluded (and Dox specials) - the magic is in the modified inf.

Those temperatures are too high!!

Your idle (when not doing anything) temp should be like 50-65C, when your playing a game, it should be highest 70C.

You need to get rid of these drivers man and fast! I have something amazing to tell you guys(if u dont already know it yet!)

NVIDIA NOW SUPPORTS NOTEBOOKS!!!! Check out this link for the Nvidia Notebook drivers 179.28 beta! Yes I know they are beta but I have used them on my Dell M1530 8600m GT 256mb, and they work perfect. I get 18-22 fps on Crysis on med settings! before on the 176.44 dell drivers i got 16-19!! I get like 4 fps more on CODWAW, and 5 fps more on far cry 2 med settings, now average fps is 27-31fps!!

http://www.nvidia.com/object/notebook_drivers.html

How about a massive drop fps in GTAIV???? no way mate, 179.28 sucks with 185.20, even in CS 1.6 fps is more stable!!! In GTAIV i couldn't play with 12 fps, i need my 20~

Can anyone explain this to me...

I have a packard bell sb88 with 9600 gs and i installed the 179.28 drivers and the performance in 3dmark2001 dropped from 20000 to 16000!what is the logical behind this?

i dont understand, i had the 167.92 and updated to 179.28 and the performance dropped?

please someone explain me...

Can anyone explain this to me...

I have a packard bell sb88 with 9600 gs and i installed the 179.28 drivers and the performance in 3dmark2001 dropped from 20000 to 16000!what is the logical behind this?

i dont understand, i had the 167.92 and updated to 179.28 and the performance dropped?

I don't know man, i'm just pissed off completly with all this crap drivers((

Don't even remember 2001 - was it DX7 or what. Probably they don't keep eye on such old stuff too much when trying to optimize the drivers for up to date software. Seen that decline of performance on 3DMark03, too, on my ex lappies. The newest driver is no way the best if you use older software.

i m gonna compare the performance with 3d mark 2005!is this ok?