LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v185.20 Windows Vista 32bit | NVIDIA

mobilenvidia

3DMark06 would me more up to date to check performance with new/pretty new software.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zipper

• nViable

• Diman

• GaryHook

Any ideas if this is really recommended for 8600GS ? I saw overheating ( I also have an outside 22" LCD attached ). Any recommandation for a good stable driver ? If any of you used some older ones ...

worst driver ever for my 9600m gt (ddr2)

i cant even play nba live 2007 with these drivers :s

switched back to 179.28

9600m gt users ,while playing crysis i am getting 23 fps in medium on 1280x800 and 20 for 1024x768 (179.28)

someone told me that it's not good for this card , it can do much better

any tips?? especially for the 9600m gt users , what are the best drivers for this video card ???

Edited by wewe

Greetings everyone.

I saw in this topic several posts about complaining how bad is that driver for owners of 9600m GT. I am also owner of this card and I CAN'T complain. I have little increase of scores in 3dMark 06 and SIGNIFICANT increase of FPS in DX 10 games with these 185.20 drivers. BUT the reason why: .... I hadnt used modded inf from here. I added single line to original "nv_disp" of these drivers downloaded from here.... Maybe thats the reason. Worked for me, hope it will for you.

Cheers

i am the owner of a 9600m gt myself ,and these 185.20 were even worst than the original drivers that came with my machine

btw i used the modded inf , so i am pretty sure that ur way of modding inf is what made this improvement

so please feel free to tell us what did u add to the original nv_disp and in wich line :)

3dmark06: 4010 3DMarks with 1280x800 resolution, max temperature was 75C

3dmark06: 4487 3DMarks with 1024x768 resolution, max temperature was 75C

:)

i am the owner of a 9600m gt myself ,and these 185.20 were even worst than the original drivers that came with my machine

btw i used the modded inf , so i am pretty sure that ur way of modding inf is what made this improvement

so please feel free to tell us what did u add to the original nv_disp and in wich line :)

+1 we'd like to know what kind of magic did you use then.

Guest emtezet

Hello, I've just installed this driver from your website, and at the begining when i started playing gta4 i thought that they are great, but after a while my laptop become very hot, and hanged up few times, so I think I will need to go back to my previous driver unless you can tell if there is any other stable driver... my computer is vostro 1700 and graphic card is gf 8600M GT. Thanks in advance.

I tried these on my Acer 5520G, with 8600GS. Temperature was really high, and I could almost fry ribbs on my case lol.

I got the latest nVidia drivers for the desktop version, used the Modder, and made it "Mobile". Works like a charm.

I am having problems with GTA IV and heard that 185.20 solves the problems.

Does the modded INF also support Geforce Go 7950 GTX?

I only added line with my card ID so i could install it without problems. No magic :) , just original nv_disp supporting 9600m GT. 3dMark06 almost the same score but f.e. in Crysis Warhead increase of 5 FPS compared to 180.84. And in World in Conflict with DX10 enabled 5-10 FPS increase.

Adds to nv_disp:

; 10DE.0649 " G9x G96 NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT

%NVIDIA_DEV.0649.01% = Section003, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0649

NVIDIA_DEV.0649.01 = "NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT"

Guest Technex

Hi guys,

Just wanted to check that this works okay for my GeForce Go 7300? If not what would be the most recommended GeForce Go 7300 driver for gaming?

I've tried searching and reading up but it's just to much information for me to digest ...

Thank you!

Hi guys,

Just wanted to check that this works okay for my GeForce Go 7300? If not what would be the most recommended GeForce Go 7300 driver for gaming?

I've tried searching and reading up but it's just to much information for me to digest ...

Thank you!

You can use this driver with modded .inf or try Dox Optimised 181.20

also let me set the fan control of the gpu in the Nvidia CP and change the colours of the LED's on my xps 730 also in the CP, haven't been able to do that for ages lol

:) yes I want fan control and powermizer options. Also does anybody with an XPS M1730 get bluescreens sometimes when running or launching extra applications like media player? And do you guys know what version of Ntuner I should use for my dual 8800m'?

Dell Inspiron 1420

nVidia GeForce 8600M GS

These drivers cause the computer to crash when waking from sleep.

Guest Ulaş Aktok
this driver is awful i don't understand those who said it works better in GTA IV, yes they are stable, yes they are not overheating but in term of performance they're crap. Maybe it's just me but here is what i get :

179.28 --->185.20

stress temps : 77--->67 (ok well)

3Dmarks06 : 6059--->5638 (crappy crappy crappy !)

GTA IV 1024*768 : 33---->29 average fps (crappy....)

9600M GT users if your results differ please let me know then.

dude!! I also have a 9600M GT and this driver was by far the worst one I have seen.

Actually, there is no performance drop at all, because the game doesn't work at all anyway. After clicking "start" on the gta 4 main menu, and waiting for the game to load, the game starts and it freezes. 2 more seconds after it freezes, the screen gets crazy and you see thousands of black-white-green-red dots all over the screen, as if you were watching tv and the signal was jammed. The weird thing is this goes on even after you exit the game (with alt+F4) and go to the desktop. But after you exit the game those dots are less dense and you can see where the cursor is and can restart. Then of course everything is fine untill you try to start the game again. Btw, this happens with gta only. Anyone have any idea what is going on? I am real worried because a similar thing happened to my old laptop and it turned out the motherboard was burned the gpu went up to 97 celcius.

Guest Technex
You can use this driver with modded .inf or try Dox Optimised 181.20

Hi sssniper,

I get a error when I try to download the 32 bit Vista Dox 181.20 driver.

"

It appears something was misplaced.

Error: The request for '/error/leech' was not found on this server.

"

Would this "Dox" driver be suggested over this one for my GeForce Go 7300?

Thank you once again!

Hi sssniper,

I get a error when I try to download the 32 bit Vista Dox 181.20 driver.

"

It appears something was misplaced.

Error: The request for '/error/leech' was not found on this server.

"

Would this "Dox" driver be suggested over this one for my GeForce Go 7300?

Thank you once again!

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....13144&st=60

read this thread) hope it will help you)

Guest mangaba

Hi! Anyone know if the problem with the black screen in wake up from sleeping in Dell Notebooks (Vostro 1500 witn 8400M GS, in my case) was solved ? The last driver that i didn´t have this kind of problem was 178.24

For everyone asking about temps,

Under load, expect anything up to 80 degrees or a little more. If you're pushing over 85, I'd be slightly worried :)

Keep in mind almost all cards have an inbuilt thermal sensor that'll shutdown everything before any real damage is done.

Keep in mind almost all cards have an inbuilt thermal sensor that'll shutdown everything before any real damage is done.

Yes, but cards do still die, I experienced one to die after 11 months.