LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v185.20 Windows Vista 32bit | NVIDIA

mobilenvidia

Hello !

Just installed this sriver on my vaio fz 21s, 8600 gs. Works great , even the brightness control is OK.

Only one problem with my hdmi output when I connect my laptop on my samsung Tv, i cant have Full screen when i'm on 1920x1080... Do you know why?

thanks

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zipper

• nViable

• Diman

• Doomer

Top Posters In This Topic

With modified INF didn't work at all - after install some error occured. After installing it with original INF worked, but performance dropped. So I installed the Performance Drivers, which were included in the directory. Performance raised about 13% in 3D Mark 2006, from 4300 points to 4900 points (settings - res. 1024x768, 3.0 PS, optimal). I don't know, if anybody tried the Perfomrance Driver install, but I recommend it. Works fine. :) . My RIG: Asus G1S-B2, Core 2 Duo 2,4GHz, 3GB RAM DDR2 667 MHz, GeForce 8600M GT 256 MB VRAM, 200GB HDD 7.200 RPM.

берегите свой мозг

почему-то мне кажется, что тебя мало кто понял здесь)

Any of the 18X.XX drivers mistakedly identifies my card as a 8400GS when it is clearly a 8600M GT...why would this be?

Hey, I'm new to this site as you can probably tell. Basically I stumbled upon this site because I am trying to play Far Cry 2 on my laptop. I downloaded and installed this driver, and it said it installed successfully. However, my 8700m GT is still showing the factory driver. After reading all the faq's and stuff, and after trying several other drivers on the site, I was very thorough in my process of uninstalling my old driver(s) before upgrading to this one. I deleted the preconfigured driver and even went in to manually remove each nVidia registry entry. I started in safe mode and used the Driver Cleaner as recommended, except I actually used Driver Sweeper since Driver Cleaner Pro is no longer available for download. So after a restart, I installed the driver from scratch with the modified inf. However, my 8700m GT is still showing the stock driver version 7.15.11.8520. Also, nVidia PhysX seems to have installed fine, which I don't think I had originally; I'm not sure if this means anything or not. then, when i go to my video card properties, under details and then inf name it says oem59.inf, which is definitely not the modified one i installed...

my specs are

area-51 m15x

vista ultimate 32

geforce 8700m gt

intel core 2 duo 2.5 ghz

4 gb ram

200 gb hdd

i dont want to sound like some dumb kid who has an alienware and doesnt know s*** but i wasnt really aware of the lack of updates for mobile gpu's. I already installed Far Cry 2 on my system which obviously needs updates. it told me i need service pack 1 as well and on microsoft's website it said to update your drivers before installing the sp, so I just want to make sure I have everything straight first. thanks to whoever reads

Edited by drex223

HI can i use this driver for my xps 1730 with 8800 GTX SLI, i dont :) found it in the inf??

Hello !

Just installed this sriver on my vaio fz 21s, 8600 gs. Works great , even the brightness control is OK.

Only one problem with my hdmi output when I connect my laptop on my samsung Tv, i cant have Full screen when i'm on 1920x1080... Do you know why?

thanks

Hi guy ,

Nvidia has not resolve a bug for 8600 mobile GPU that appear for vista 32 bits on release 18x.x.

You have 2 solutions :

- use the "old" 178.24 driver wich works fine in 720P AND 1080i

- use the las Dox 181.22 modified driver which can perfom 1080i and p !

Good try guy.

Thank Dox again !

Guest Midnyt***

I tried installing this on my 8200m system but after installation it says the driver failed to install because the driver is incompatible with vista but i got the vista installer. What could the problem be?

Guest Justin22

Works great for my 8400m gs but there is only one thing i can't figure out. I don't have the powermizer option in my control panel. I went to the registry to add it but i noticed something kind of weird...the settings i needed to add to enable powermizer were already there. anyone have any clues as to what's going on?

I am having problems with the installation of this driver and the Modded INF.

Because the normal setup got stuck at 50%, I tried the Have-Disk method:

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....showtopic=11997

However, he still won't install it and after 5 or 10 minutes it stops.

He won't give me a warning about the manufactor either and the screen goes black for several seconds when I install.

I have a Nvidia GeForce Go 7950 GTX, Windows Vista 32bit and ran it under Admin and Safe-mode.

Guest chomi_24
I heard that some people cannot use powermizer on this drivers, how to solve this?

via regedit,

right click, select new

select d_word

rename as PerfLevelSrc

double click the new registry

change value to 3333

again!

but this time rename it as PowerMizerEnable

change the value to 1

reboot

as for my system (dell xps m1530 8600m gt 256mb ddr3) this works, it even downclock it to 2D mode. but i have to sacrifice the sleep and hibernation mode as it doesn't work anymore (BSOD). i choose not to enable it coz my notebook is running alot of times even if i'm sleeping.so i need the sleep mode to be perfectly working rather than powermizer. by the way as far as i'm concern if it doesn't downclock it will not utilized the 3d mode speed while your in idle or browsing the net or documention. i've notice this via hwmonitor mine still idle at 58c-67c... max temp while gaming is 76c, no need to overclock the gpu coz this driver is extremely fast for my system... hope it helps...

Guest chomi_24

other method to downclock from this driver to low power 3D or 2D is by rivatuner manually... on FORCE CONSTANT PERFORMANCE TAB drop down box, if its grayed you have to enable it on power user tab:

open rivatuner

power user tab

drop down rivatuner\nvidia\overclocking

look for "EnablePerfLevelForcing"

double click it

put a value of 1

and there you go, you can know access on FORCE CONSTANT PERFORMANCE TAB select w/c mode you desire. but let me inform you that every time you will change your mode windows will ask you to reboot and you must. if you don't bother by that well go ahead w/ this procedure if your system is optimized for fast boot then much better. its worth it because waking up from sleep and hibernation is working properly... I tried it, and still doing it... hope it helps...

Seems to be some problem - server?