• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bbbobbbo

• neokjo

• Galdere

• veritas72

If i use these drivers, does it mean i have to press f8 at startup everytime?

No, you don't have to do that.

If i use these drivers, does it mean i have to press f8 at startup everytime?

as noted above, no, you don't. you only need to do that for unsigned drivers (these are signed, they just arent WHQL)

For anyone that wants to take a look at these drivers as compared with the 180.xx series drivers and the inf I posted on http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....showtopic=22228 , I would greatly appreciate it. It seems it must have been an inf problem, because with the install of the 185.20 drivers, the fan sensor information and control seems to be back. I will test these to see if I have the overheating problem still, but I would bet that it is fixed.

Ok, nice drives, but my GPU won't throttle with them, stays at full power and after I removed them I had 2 control panels.

Do you think that it's better with modded inf or with the original one??

8600M GT 512MB GDDR2

I have just tried this on Windows Vista 64-bit instead of Windows XP 32-bit and have received a BSOD at startup in comparison to the error I have received in XP which is that it started up in 4-bit colors and low resolution.

Guest goldfaber
Had a few lockups with these.

I get multi-coloured rectangles.

Have to like power button at fron of the PC.

HP hw6600 with quadro fx1700 - the same thing - multi coloured rectangles once a day - restart needed...

But one good thing - MAXTREME installed manually is working !! For 4 days no blue screen as before.

Guest goldfaber
HP hw6600 with quadro fx1700 - the same thing - multi coloured rectangles once a day - restart needed...

But one good thing - MAXTREME installed manually is working !! For 4 days no blue screen as before.

i forget about the main thing about my maxtreme working - i've got VISTA 64bit

These drivers make Vista 64 look like garbage on my Dell Precision M6400. The display is all gray and washed out. The same thing happened when I installed the NVIDIA drivers on my M6400 with Windows 7.

Good Morning Everyone :)

Since I'm posting for the first time, I just wanted to say this is a great community :) Keep up the good work!

I've got HP Compaq 8710p and every 18x.xx driver is causing display artifacts to appear in boxes on the top of the screen after I've played any game. Does anybody know what this could be caused by?

Cheers!

Greg

4974 in 3DMark06

The highest I've ever gotten.

Windows 7 x64 Build 7000

T7300 CPU

4GB RAM

8600M GT 256MB GDDR3 550/1000 clocks.

Edited by Hidavi

good drivers...but have problem with stand by mode...after it my pc doest turn on...black screen...helps only restart( what to do?=((

same thing with all 18x series drivers=(

gforce 8400m gs vista 64

dirty install = Nvidia Control Panel on the desktop right click menu

clean install = Nvidia Control Panel is gone from the desktop right click menu

Vista = Ambient occlusion

Windows 7 = No ambient occlusion

Hi,

Just downloaded 185.20 (Vista 64-bit) and the install went fine (used modded INF).

Im running with a 8400M GS and after the install the fan went crazy when I get to

Logon to Windows. Rpm's at max!

I thought it was just temporary, but still after starting up, reading this thread, check

version in nvidia controlpanel the fan is still running at maximum rpm..

oh, wait.. Now it slowed down. Nevermind maybe? Not sure? Something I should check?

And by the way, this happens even after shutting down and restarting.

Anyone knows good ways to check temperature on a 8400M GS?

Thanks,

Best regards

EDIT

Ah, nevermind again. Seems to finally work with GPU-Z? Is the temperature

reliable?

e5o7d0.jpg

be94du.jpg

Edited by keffo

The no control panel error is caused by the modded inf. Infact this inf is not needed, as the driver seems to support mobile gpus aout of the box.

good drivers...but have problem with stand by mode...after it my pc doest turn on...black screen...helps only restart( what to do?=((

same thing with all 18x series drivers=(

gforce 8400m gs vista 64

It's a bug in the 18x.xx drivers (with some mobile cards, including 8400M GS), install the latest 179.xx driver and it'll work fine :) .

it have no pm ,need add reg by ourself;PerfLevelSrc 3333

PowerMizerDefault 0

PowerMizerEnable 1

PowerMizerLevel 0

PowerMizerLevelAC 0

PowerSaverHsyncON 0

And how do I do that?

Edited by Guilherme Françoso

Just got a new laptop, a Gateway P6860FX with a 512MB 8800M GTS. Installed these drivers, they work fine for me, but there's a problem in the Control Panel. Whenever I try to set individual Program Settings in the Manage 3D Settings, each drop-down box does not appear. It acts like it does, but it doesn't actually show and nothing can be selected. Only the Global Settings can be set.

I am using a late 2008 aluminum unibody MacBook (2.4 Ghz model) with the NVidia 9400M video card, 256k shared mem.

Operating system is Windows 7 64-bit.

Although both the NVidia mobile drivers and your package will both install the driver files on my machine without complaining, the driver is not applied to my video card (still reads Standard VGA after reboot).

If I use the 'have disk' method, Windows 7 will appropriately list the 9400M DoX as a match for my video card, but if I select it to install, I get the following message:

"The driver selected for this device does not support this version of Windows'

I get the same error using the NVidia website mobile drivers.

I have not had any problems installing NVidia Vista drivers on my Dell laptop running Windows 7.

Anyone know if there is a way to trick Windows 7 into trying it anyway?

I love these drivers- had to use the modded .inf to install on my 9600M GT, but FPS went from 151 in 180.84.1 to 172 in CS:S. L4D seems to run better as well. Lower temps too, these are great.

I'm getting some god awful graphics issues in Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts. All other games seem to work fine, however. Also an issue with returning from sleep mode and using WMP. BSOD....

No other problems that others are having with desktop manager and whatnot.

Rolling back to 180.70 for now.