LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v185.20 Windows Vista 64bit | NVIDIA

mobilenvidia

Hi,

I agree that these drivers seem to be great :-)

Fallout 3 and L4D seem much smoother now and the fans don't turn on as often as before. (seems to have lower temps)

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bbbobbbo

• neokjo

• Galdere

• veritas72

I downloaded the 180.xx update for GTA4, but after configuring my display with my new HDMI cable, my drivers somehow got all fudged up. 179.xx are the most recent I can find on nvidia's site, and for some reason the 180.xx won't install on my laptop because the installer is "the 32-bit version".

I hope this makes things run as smoothly as the 180.xx update did. It looked real nice.

Vista Home 64-bit

4gb DDR2

nvidia 9700 GT

fingers crossed!!

Hello again. I deleted my old 179.xx and 180.xx driver folders, extracted the 185.xx files there, and ran set-up, but it said it couldn't find anything that is compatible. So, I opened the Performance Driver setup and that installed successfully. What are performance drivers, and how can I get this driver to install correctly? Is it because my nvidia 9700 GT isn't on the list? The 9700 S and GTS are on it, I believe. Help!!

amazing performance boost! in GTA 4 and in Crysis Warhead!

one thing i do find a little strange is that GPU-Z shows it as constantly running at full speed and therefore keeping the temp in the low 50's as opposed to mid 30's when not gaming :)

using Vista 64 driver on Windows 7 x64

Edited by Corrosive

Installed these one on my MacBook Pro Santa Rosa 2.4GHz with a 256MB 8600M GT.

On Windows 7 beta 64bits.

Not any problem for installing these, as well as playing with these too !

Perfect drivers.

Thanks for your great job !

Guest WestHej
Installed these one on my MacBook Pro Santa Rosa 2.4GHz with a 256MB 8600M GT.

On Windows 7 beta 64bits.

Not any problem for installing these, as well as playing with these too !

Perfect drivers.

Thanks for your great job !

I'm running the exact same system with no problems except on waking from sleep the screen will remain black. I've read this is the same with all 18x.xx release drivers though. Once this is fixed these drivers would be perfect.

Just got a new laptop, a Gateway P6860FX with a 512MB 8800M GTS. Installed these drivers, they work fine for me, but there's a problem in the Control Panel. Whenever I try to set individual Program Settings in the Manage 3D Settings, each drop-down box does not appear. It acts like it does, but it doesn't actually show and nothing can be selected. Only the Global Settings can be set.

I have this problem too, I also lost 400+ points in 3DMark06 with this driver compared to 179.29.

Guest GfxApprentice

Hi,

I have a generic question about installing drivers:

Should I try to install driver without modded inf first? What's the difference between modded and original inf?

Hi,

I have a generic question about installing drivers:

Should I try to install driver without modded inf first? What's the difference between modded and original inf?

Look through the supported GPUs list in the original .inf, if your GPU is in the supported list you will not need the modded one. The modded .inf support more GPUs including mobile.

Edited by sssniper

I have this problem too, I also lost 400+ points in 3DMark06 with this driver compared to 179.29.

I lost about 150 3dmarks as well coming from 180.84.1, but I feel that real game performance is higher.

Is it just me or Powermizer is missing in this version (vista 64) of 185.20?

I downloaded the driver off of 2 different sites, this one included. Unistalled previous driver, then clean uninstalled using DriverSweeper.

Reinstalled 185.20 and what do you know? Powermizer settings in the registry are missing altogether! Therefore not been able to use Powermizer Switch.

Just curious if anybody else has noticed that. This might be a practical bit of info for those planning to use powermizer while on batteries.

Fantastic Drivers. Over 1000 3dmark005 improvement.

8700MT Dual SLI (XPS M1730)

3d Mark 05 1280x800 2xAA 4xAnisotropic = 10,771

Also tried DOX's 181.20 same settings = 9,577

Crysis runs smoothly!!

Been testing drivers for the last 3 days tried from all series 17x, 181, 182. This is the fastest by far!!!

So far no corruption and that annoying "Display drivers failed to respond"

Thank you guys these are great, I would suggest them to you all.

I have noticed on Windows vista 64 if installed with INF powermizer will be active thus lowering temps.. When with out modified inf I get the control panel link on right click menu but powermizer no long works...

Performance seem to be best yet for me!

So far these work good in 64bit windows 7 beta with out control pannel link nor powermizer working as far as I can tell with modified INF..

P.S. Dell XPS 1730 Dual 8800GTX SLI

I have noticed on Windows vista 64 if installed with INF powermizer will be active thus lowering temps.. When with out modified inf I get the control panel link on right click menu but powermizer no long works...

So far these work good in 64bit windows 7 beta with out control pannel link nor powermizer working as far as I can tell with modified INF..

thanks for the info... so i installed with modified inf. and there i have powermizer back, but now when resuming from standby i get the black screen.

Expected problem with some of these 18x series. Nothing can be done about it presently.

I seem to have gotten an increase in Vantage, 06' and a few other games (but only minor increases).

Seems a few others have this fortunate experience as well.

Just reinstalled drivers on windows 7 with the modified INF and powermizer is working and right click control panel is missing same results on Win7 as Vista 64!!! Awesome drivers...

With this driver I lose 300 points (3dmark06) like every 18x.xx driver i tested, compared to the 179.36

Why is that?

Another computer, same as mine get´s over 700points more then mine with the 18x.xx drivers!!!

Asus M70VN (x72vn)

P8400

4Gb ram

Nvidia 9650m GT 1gb