LaptopVideo2Go Forums

185.20 modded INFs are up

mobilenvidia

Guest Xandir

Hey everyone .... i have a problem :) i just downloaded and installed the new drivers .... so good so far but when i start GTA IV

i can play only few minutes and after 5-10 minutes it starts to be so laggy that i can't play ....

my laptop is Acer Aspire 6920g

Geforce 9500m GS 512MB

3G. RAM

Inter Core 2 Duo Processor T5550 (1.83 Ghz, 667MHz FSB , 2MB L2 Cache )

AND I RUN GTA IV ON LOW (everything on min.)!!!

i think my laptop is good enough for this game .... or ??

I have two NVIDIA 7950 GTX's in SLI and the only drivers I can get to install/work are 156.07 :) According to NVIDIA I have the most up to date drivers :)

I've tried downloading 179.29(and 5 other modded IMFs). Here is my error message "The NVIDIA Setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatable with your current hardware. Setup will now exit."

Anybody out there with 7950 GTX's (Not GX or GX2 or GT) that can tell me were to download newer drivers? Also what does (Prerelease - WDDM 1.0) mean? It's at the end of most of the new drivers that say say they support 7950 GTX.

The 156.07 is stable and I can play all the new games but the catch is NO SLI! I deploy to Afghanistan in three days and really would like new drivers.

Thanks,

Christian

This is not a thread for your question.

Open a new one, or look and you'll often find the answer is already in the forum.

i have acer 5920g nvdia 8600mgs

i overclocked gpu usin rivatuner or woteva it called

3dmark 2006 score is 3146

laptop sys inf.. 250hdd..intel core 2duo nvidia 8600mgs 256 vidmem

in gta iv it runs good

i can play at 1280*800 resolution(Dats my highest) using tghe commandline.txt tingy

and the performance is OK..it doesnt lag..i played for about 30mins and it didnt lag so i think this new drive is good

These drivers aren't even close to be ready.

They were leaked in early state, NVIDIA strongly advise against using them unless your just interested in seeing the SLIAA modes. The ambient occlusion feature is partially broken and these are alpha level drivers. And alpha texture AA is broken as well. They were never meant to be released. They only give you an idea of what Nvidia has been working on.