LaptopVideo2Go Forums

What is the best and most 'stablest" clock for 8600M GT overclocked ?

LLW_89

What is the best clock and most stable clock for 8600M GT <DDR2 512MB> overclocked ?

Please suggest, thank you.

Guest H3r3tic
What is the best clock and most stable clock for 8600M GT <DDR2 512MB> overclocked ?

Please suggest, thank you.

I have 625/1500/450 and it's the most I can get stably of my card (same GF 8600m GT as yours in Aspire 5720).

Wow, with my Dell Vostro 1500, I'm able to overclock only 540/1080/450! And temp raise at ~65/70°C...

What's wrong with my 8600MGT ?!

If I try to increase and I start to play, after few minutes windows (xp 32) freezes, the screen remains with the last image shown and starts to "blink" (I see the last image and black screen blinking very fast), and also the audio plays the last second played in loop....

The only thing that I can do is force reboot...

Any idea?

Thanks...

Guest daerragh

I also have Dell Vostro 1500 with Geforce 8600M GT 256 ddr2 and the highest stable values I can get are 607 1475 519 using riva tuner.

I read somewhere that 8600M has strange clock increase values. eg. I move the gpu (core clock) slider in the overclocking tab (in riva tuner) to 607 mhz (the standard value is 475), on the riva tuner's hardware monitaring graph it actually says that I overclocked my gpu to 661,5 mhz! tha same happens with gpu shader domain overclocking where i moved the slider to 1475 but on hardware monitoring graph it says that shader domain is actually 1620 mhz. only gddr values are the same on slider and on the graph. At the end... what are the real overclocked values of my card?