LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Need 8800M GTX - SLI GDDR3 BIOS

radixxx

Hello, looking for the latest BIOS for the 8800M GTX - SLI on a laptop DELL XPS M1730 , if someone has information where you can find or have the BIOS, please contact us with ! ! !

I would like to add is also learn how to replace it in these graphics cards ! ! ! :)

Hello, looking for the latest BIOS for the 8800M GTX - SLI on a laptop DELL XPS M1730 , if someone has information where you can find or have the BIOS, please contact us with ! ! !

I would like to add is also learn how to replace it in these graphics cards ! ! ! :)

you'll need nvflash you may need to try a couple of versions if one doesnt work. use nibitor to mess with voltages and default clocks if that's your thing.

bios here: http://www.mvktech.net/components/com_joom...2sli-nd4spd.rar

in dos mode

nvflash -5 -6 i0 <biosname> for card 1

nvflash -5 -6 i1 <biosname2> for card 2

definitely do your research on this.

Hello!

I think we all got the same BIOS hence dell put 8800M in the XPS M1730 line. so i reckon all what we can do is just OC the "beast" :) i've googled far and away but no new bios for at all...

Anyone can help how to do the voltmod with nibitor i tried but no 1.1v or 1.15v now i run 650/950/1350Mhz ang i get 12243 point in 3dmark06 :) as you see i got g.skill F2-6400CL5-2GBSQ mudules on 800Mhz and my CPU is runing 2.8G that do a lot :P lol i got windows flasher so uu can upgrade the bios from under windows :P

nvflash_windows_567.zip

Edited by AssimilatorX

Thank you for answers, but I have a question, how to change the bios to not destroy anything or anyone tried to do it in a laptop that I have and, if so, ask for details. Thank you for your interest!

:)

Thank you for answers, but I have a question, how to change the bios to not destroy anything or anyone tried to do it in a laptop that I have and, if so, ask for details. Thank you for your interest!

:unsure:

You not gonna destroy anything with your lappy :P but if uu oc'd there is always a good chance to :) DESTRACTION.... If uu go 2 high or flash an unsupported bios in your card eg. different ram initialisation ... here uu go you did it :w00t: and destuction complete and no rma.... :)

If you're not sure about what to do, stay calm... and away from the vBIOS. You don't want to broke your expensive notebook. :)

Anyone tried to do it in a laptop that i have ? ? ? :)

Please send me some details about the changes in the GPU BIOS ! ! ! :)

Any suggestion with the correct procedure is welcome . :P

Edited by radixxx

How to do it with two graphics cards ??? :)

• 1 month later...
Guest justice

you need driver update

not Bios i dont no why you want to update your Bios

BUT you can go to Dell web site to update your bios and (update THE driver for 8800M GTX - SLI)

-To learn how to replace video card go to DELL XPS M1730 :)

Guest justice

you need driver update

not Bios i dont no why you want to update your Bios

BUT you can go to Dell web site to update your bios and (update THE driver for 8800M GTX - SLI)

-To learn how to replace video card DELL XPS M1730 :)

• 2 weeks later...

What are you writing Guest_justice_* - is a total nonsense lol :)