LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Can anyone come up with a solution?

Guest 4920G

I have managed to install hd 3650 in my acer aspire 4920g. It was running perfectly until 5/1/09 when suddenly the laptop crashed. When i tried to reboot, the laptop will show some sign of life and then turned off again. I installed the old card and it started up normally. Can anyone suggest solutions other than trying to get a refund/replacement or be a proud owner of a new paperweight? Thnx in advance :)

You need to be more specific than "showed some sign of life" and give us a clue about it's behaviour beforehand.

How long had you had it running for? etc...

I mean the light on the power supply goes on and the sound of the driver can be heard but nothing on the screen appeared. After a few seconds it start up again and after that it completely dies off. I had it on for about 7 hours since im downloading some files.

I think it overheated, HD3650 is a pretty hot card, can you even see anything on the screen when you boot up the laptop?

its probably dead, check for burn marks, if you cant find any, then email the seller that the card did not work

if you can hear the laptop booting , windows sound loading then its not all defective, but if your laptop keeps restarting the its probably dead

try booting without the gpu and compare if its the same