LaptopVideo2Go Forums

im not able to overclock with any driver ! help NEEDED!

Pistino01

hey guys,

im using rivatuner 2.22 and also EVGA precision for overclocking (well i would be if i could :) ) and neither of thease programs allow me to overclock my GPU it goes like this : my default clocks are 575/1450/800 but those programs only allow me to clock it to 640/1280/480 weird huh ?? so anyways im using the 185.20 driver (which rocks) which is i belive overclockable because ive read a post on thease forums and people have no problem whatsoever overclocking them . rivatuner tells me that it is an unsupported driver . but everyone can overclock with rivatuner just fine , based on the posts . whats the problem ?? is it my GPU or something ?? please help !!!

ntune doesnt work ... cant start it reinstall it or uninstall it ... :)

Thx , Pistino01

. rivatuner tells me that it is an unsupported driver . but everyone can overclock with rivatuner just fine , based on the posts . whats the problem ?? is it my GPU or something ?? please help !!!

Ignore that popup - RivaTuner mostly works with untested drivers.

hey guys,

im using rivatuner 2.22 and also EVGA precision for overclocking (well i would be if i could :) ) and neither of thease programs allow me to overclock my GPU it goes like this : my default clocks are 575/1450/800 but those programs only allow me to clock it to 640/1280/480 weird huh ?? so anyways im using the 185.20 driver (which rocks) which is i belive overclockable because ive read a post on thease forums and people have no problem whatsoever overclocking them . rivatuner tells me that it is an unsupported driver . but everyone can overclock with rivatuner just fine , based on the posts . whats the problem ?? is it my GPU or something ?? please help !!!

ntune doesnt work ... cant start it reinstall it or uninstall it ... :)

Thx , Pistino01

I also struggled to overclock with any driver then found these tools which work really well.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/nvidia_system_tools_6.03.html

Download and install and then go to nvidia control panel, accept the license agreement and enjoy.

@Nofearangel

this includes Ntune , but as i mentioned i cant use Ntune . for reasons not known to me after i installed it i couldnt start it and not even uninstall it ... if anybody knows a way to uninstall Ntune or completely remove it from my lappy in any way , please tell me . i need to remove it completely ... so i can install it again . because now when i start the install exe of Ntune , during installation it tells me this : in the usage of transformations an error occured. verify the validity of the set transformation paths. C:/Windows/Installer/{7C7F30F4-94E7-4AA8-8941-90C4A80c68BF}/1033.MST

(this may not be a very good translation but i did my best :) )

Edited by Pistino01

I have the same problem with a 9650mgt, ntune installed doesnt change the nvidia control panel and rivatuner shows wrong clock speeds and doesnt oc when i change values.

Read that quite a few cards were truly locked and that the only option was to flash oc them, which should not be done before you tried the speeds first with a prog oc.