LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Forceware 181.20

Dox

This may be a stupid question, but would any of these drivers affect HD-DVD playback? Games running much smother as always with DOX drivers however I reccently noticed that any HD-DVD I play, the video is very buggy, many times pixilated in sparatic areas.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dox

• sssniper

• Abdullah Alhabsyi

• Squall_Rinoa89

what are the differences for quality balance and performance options?

i mean why does your/dox's driver have these..?? I have made my own tweaks to vista for font smoothing etc. and I don't want doing that all over again because I chose quality .. a little info about these options would be helpfull

I thought it should be self explanatory.

Drivers = required to run 3d games,

So why do my drivers have 3 settings to choose from?

And what do they mean?

Quality = obviously means higher image quality, slower performance

Performance= lower image quality, higher performance

Balance= Somewhere between the two.

I have these options because people prefer different things according to feedback on my older drivers.

180.84 was the first driver I made which had these options.

They only affect GAMES and does not desktop image quality or what you did to the fonts.

so these options effect the settings in nvidia control panel? so these settings are not anymore application controlled..??

if this is so I stick with 180.70 cause I want to control image quality ingame.

and offcourse it's obvious that

that's not a answer to my question.

what are the difference's I like to know.. like with qualilty AA is preset and not application-controlled. and with balance and performance it's off (example)

Edited by Sjimmie

They're much lower level customisations than that, stuff you can't configure in the Control Panel. It'd defeat the point otherwise!

I thought it should be self explanatory.

Drivers = required to run 3d games,

So why do my drivers have 3 settings to choose from?

And what do they mean?

I have these options because people prefer different things according to feedback on my older drivers.

180.84 was the first driver I made which had these options.

They only affect GAMES and does not desktop image quality or what you did to the fonts.

Dox you have really a so big patience :) , lol people keep ask the same thing everytime...my temp are ok ? how i use modded inf ? whats difference between performance and balance? come on guys, everyone have a brain so dont be so lazy and sometimes try find out what u want know without ask :)

advice: make a Dox's FAQ lol

Most likely a false positive, since it's not kicked in anyone elses antiviruses.

Dox you have really a so big patience :) , lol people keep ask the same thing everytime...my temp are ok ? how i use modded inf ? whats difference between performance and balance? come on guys, everyone have a brain so dont be so lazy and sometimes try find out what u want know without ask :)

than please show me where this question is stated elsewhere. And now I know that this options are low level tweaks I will try these drivers. so by patience he gets a bigger user base.

Only Trend detects issues with Dox's Optimizes. So I turn off trend before download. Anyway...

it's true that it crashes in Fallout 3 when using VATS. I've just tested it and yes, everytime I use VATS I crash.

They're much lower level customisations than that, stuff you can't configure in the Control Panel. It'd defeat the point otherwise!

yeah, correct.

Not a bad idea.

than please show me where this question is stated elsewhere. And now I know that this options are low level tweaks I will try these drivers. so by patience he gets a bigger user base.

These options were stated in 180.84.

but to be fair it was self explanotory?

Or another way of looking at it, you could've tried the three options and see for yourself.

Gutted that you're discontinuing XP64 support, as it's by far the best OS out there at the moment. All the benefits of XP, but with support for 4GB+ RAM. It's a royal shame that the OS gets overlooked because of a previous bad reputation that has no relevence to the OS in it's current state. I'll have to try and find an alternative for XP64 drivers in future.

Nevertheless, huge thanks for your support with previous releases!

asfar as I know you are 1 of 2 people who are using it?

I bet there is like 10 poeple at most using my XPx64....

Takes a long time to mod drivers for little return,if you see what I mean....

hmmmz, you're making me feel guilty about dropping support for it now :'(

i will help you...

There is a software called "NVtray tool" that can be downloaded also in this forum.

"NVTray provides some extra quality tweaks that both the default NVIDIA tray icon and control panel are lacking. I especially wanted to be able to select more Antialiasing modes, as well as OpenGL and Direct3D options right from the tray icon. Also, the utility is able to run automatically at startup thus making it a bit easier to change my settings before playing a game or running a benchmark. " http://nvtweak.laptopvideo2go.com/ here for download..

U can change many thing with this software, filters/optimization/image setting and many many other... Dox with his driver chose different setup and after you have installed a driver you can see in NVtray how it changed the option.... Dox driver never force on option like anisotropic or antialiasing while options like image setting / texture quality change from performance to quality...And u can easy see the changes with this tool.. U can also install balance dox setting and then make it "quality" without re-install the driver by use this software..

There are also some dox optimization that u cant see in NvTray anyway...

Sorry for my bad english and if i said something wrong sorry again^^

it should work since its LOw level, you flash by not going into os :)

any way this is not the thread to discuss overclocking.

post a thread in the support forum.

it should work since its LOw level, you flash by not going into os :)

any way this is not the thread to discuss overclocking.

post a thread in the support forum.

Sorry brother, i want ask. can i use this driver on my vedio card GeForce 9100M G?

PLease...., last night i can't install this driver.....

Hei Dox :) .

This is my 1st time using your Optimized Driver, and I started with this latest one.

and somehow....I kinda satisfy enough of how my Spiderman: Web of Shadows runs around 20% more no-delays.

It also surprised me that it's strangely safe for me now to OC my GPU Core to 600Mhz with 800Mhz Memory Clock since I used this latest driver.

Usually it showed a lot of running-sprinkles; while the system goes to glitch.

I gotta say that this driver (the latest one) have given me a wow 1st impression :P .

Be better for the next release :) .

I have tested this drivers and compared with 181.20 normal one

I have set myself option in 3D Advanced setting configuration for maximum performance in both drivers and I set exactly the same things.

With the 181.20

I got 8868 points

SM 2.0 Score 4081 ( Usually I score arround 4200 )

SM 3.0 Score 3686 ( I usually get arround 4000 )

Though I am not using windows vista 64 bits , but Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bits ( Beta )

Now with the DOX's

I have set DOX's optimized forceware on Performance

I got a much better score

9330 points

SM 2.0 Score 4315

SM 3.0 Score 3981

hmm i cant with Rivatuner cuz i use laptop.

and ur low level guide not working with this driver :[

use EVGA Precision software for overclock... there is a option for unblock shader on the right side called "link"

After that with this tool u can overclock core and shader without problems

try to install again and list down the error so I know,

I'm using drivers on XP and no problems.

the minor extract error means the installer hasnt fully extracted the driver files when you clicked to install performance settings,

which means you just kept clickin next in the installer and skipped reading all the important info on the drivers :)

Don't be presumptuous. I'm not like many of the members here who are absolutely clueless. I read almost everything, including your disclaimer. And I didn't just install 'performance'. If you didn't read properly, I stated I installed all 3, from balanced, performance, and quality. I started installed balanced first. When it screwed up, I took it off and installed performance. Repeated the same process for quality. All three failed to be detected so I reverted back to 181.00.

Next time, read more throughly before you make conclusions. =)

The minor extraction problem apparently wasn't the problem (found out that the installation would fail if anything was corrupted or missing). I tested the official 181.20 drivers on my laptop. Same thing happened. It didn't go BSOD on me though, but the drivers aren't being detected so the problem probably lies on the 181.20 drivers themselves and their incompatibility with my laptop. For now, I'll stick to the official 181.00 drivers. I'll also test your drivers as well as the official ones with my Athlon X2 + Geforce 8800 GT desktop once I'm home for the next weekend.

Don't be presumptuous. I'm not like many of the members here who are absolutely clueless. I read almost everything, including your disclaimer. And I didn't just install 'performance'. If you didn't read properly, I stated I installed all 3, from balanced, performance, and quality. I started installed balanced first. When it screwed up, I took it off and installed performance. Repeated the same process for quality. All three failed to be detected so I reverted back to 181.00.

Next time, read more throughly before you make conclusions. =)

The minor extraction problem apparently wasn't the problem (found out that the installation would fail if anything was corrupted or missing). I tested the official 181.20 drivers on my laptop. Same thing happened. It didn't go BSOD on me though, but the drivers aren't being detected so the problem probably lies on the 181.20 drivers themselves and their incompatibility with my laptop. For now, I'll stick to the official 181.00 drivers. I'll also test your drivers as well as the official ones with my Athlon X2 + Geforce 8800 GT desktop once I'm home for the next weekend.

this what you said:

After clicking the installation, I had a minor error with my extractor. Can you please check if the XP 32-bit is corrupted or anything?

Just a side note: After installing 'performance', I got a BSOD just when Windows was about to load saying something about "values equals to". Something along those lines. Forgot to list it down.

let not get heated now,

" I had a minor error with my extractor."

sorry but, that doesnt really give much, I know an error will appear if you click balance (for example) when the drivers are not fully extracted yet,

hence thats why i said what I did. Now that you said you read the disclaimer etc I can only assume a corrupted download. I was left to fill in blanks (as always).

I re-uploaded new builds last night.

The server was playing up and when I downloaded from there the vista download would not extract.

"After installing 'performance', I got a BSOD just when Windows was about to load saying something about "values equals to". Something along those lines. Forgot to list it down"

again, what does it say?

Hence why I said re-install and give me what it says.

So Yeah I have read throughly.

Hopefully you will get better results with desktop :)

regards

oh and if you are re-downloading the drivers clean your cookies before hand or you'll download the old build.

thanks

for starters, main points from my config is: Win XP SP3 on a Toshiba Satellite P100, with 512 MB NVIDIA 7900 GTX Go @ 1680x1050, first time user of LV2Go/Dox drivers.

after installing these drivers, i couldn't start Windows at all no matter how many times i tried, with the pre-logon loading screen hanging for a bit before a BSOD with the error: "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" (i didn't take down more details than that). this is probably also the problem you mentioned in your last post Dox.

only way i could get things back up and running is to uninstall the 181.20 ones in safe mode, restart and install the previous Dox 180.84.1 drivers, restart (with fingers crossed), and WinXP works again, albeit much prettier than my last drivers (which were the ones shipped with the laptop - 84.xx ancient ones).

i'm not so much fussed about why this latest release didn't work or about trying to squeeze extra fps by incrementing my drivers by 0.36 revision points, i'm quite satisfied enough to move on from 84.xx frankly, and just wanted to point out this problem here. hope this helps solve a few problems. =)