LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Forceware 181.20

Dox

These options were stated in 180.84.

but to be fair it was self explanotory?

Or another way of looking at it, you could've tried the three options and see for yourself.

I saw the thread mainly the first post out of curiousness not read the whole thread cause I used 180.70 wich where good for me then. But their is not stated how the difference is made and i'm not going to install software with various options if I don't know the differences and knows what's the best for me.

Uh no if it's self explanotory I wouldn't ask what the differences weir ( or how they are made :) its how you put it )

cause it's self explanotory that quality has better an higher image quality than performance.

But now I know and so I started to use your driver.

and besides to explain about the options is a lot less work than find out by myself it took about a couple of minutes to post it. instead of installing checking out .. remove reintstall etc.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dox

• sssniper

• Abdullah Alhabsyi

• Squall_Rinoa89

How about what's best for everyone please Sjimmie?

Like not asking Dox to state the bleeding obvious.

His drivers are excellent, and he spends more time making sure it works for as many people as possible, when it's mostly just those who can't figure out their own problems, or want things dumbed down, that he accomodates.

It's not his job and he's not a mind reader. If you can find out or test it yourself, then it makes sense to.

Many of us are highly appreciative of his work and I'm not directing this at those with genuine issues they have thoroughly tested.

@Dox

This time i try too install this driver, but can't not install, messeges erorr same with yesterday my post...

can help me............... :)

Dox:

I've mentioned this on NotebookReview under the Gaming & Graphic (hardware / software) section under the thread with your 181.20 drivers.

i had your 180.84.1 drivers previously, and they worked perfectly. i uninstalled them, rebooted into safemode, cleaned out nvidia stuff via driver cleaners. went to install the 181.20 drivers of yours and i click the balance selection for installation, it goes to install on one card and appears to be successful, and when it gets to the second card, it black screens and sits there and the computer freezes. so i have to force it to reboot, and it goes to a blue screen when i try to boot into windows.

i'm forced to go into safemode and delete the drivers and then install older drivers. i'm back to using your 180.84.1 drivers instead. i've read other people with 7 series cards are able to install these. i really look into new drivers as many help SLI performance, and the 181.20 nvidia drivers worked perfectly, but they didn't offer the performance your drivers normally provide, so i went back to 180.84.1

any ideas? is there a goof up on the .inf or something?

i'm currently at work, and when i go home i will check my device ID's on my cards via GPU-Z

Edited by Levenly

asfar as I know you are 1 of 2 people who are using it?

I bet there is like 10 poeple at most using my XPx64....

Takes a long time to mod drivers for little return,if you see what I mean....

hmmmz, you're making me feel guilty about dropping support for it now :'(

HI Dox, I am new here but I also use Vista64. By the way, the Gateway 7805U has the 9800GTS with 1 GB of Vram. I could not find them in your list to sign up so I used the 880M instead. Most of us, gamers and others who own the Gateway FX series laptop have the Vista64 as standard os. I have heard nothing but good feedback about your mods and drivers from the notebookreviews.com forums.

I understand that serious efforts were required to mod these drivers and your reluctance to continue to support (or not to support) vista64 drivers. In any case, may be a subscription model may be worth it instead of a volonteer model of pay for play.

Thanks again,

Edited by husky55

tried it on windows 7 version 7000 beta and it installed to my surprise but windows cant evaluate it and doesnt recognize it ...it appears ok in device manager but vantage says it doesnt support dx10 and doesnt allow me to benchmark

Great drivers! All my games work flawlessly! UT 3, L4D, Garry's Mod, Kings Bounty the Legend, Fallout 3 and more.

Everything runs so great with your drivers they really made the difference for me now that I am gaming on my laptop only!

Mitsuyan!

Here`s some information comparing 180.84 Dox and 181.20 in 3D Mark06 (1280 x 800), Crysis Warhead and GTA IV. See the results below. Everything was tested on system that is on the left with OC: core 550/mem 450/shader 1250.

post-29290-1231785558_thumb.jpg

Edited by sssniper

HI Dox, I am new here but I also use Vista64. By the way, the Gateway 7805U has the 9800GTS with 1 GB of Vram. I could not find them in your list to sign up so I used the 880M instead. Most of us, gamers and others who own the Gateway FX series laptop have the Vista64 as standard os. I have heard nothing but good feedback about your mods and drivers from the notebookreviews.com forums.

I understand that serious efforts were required to mod these drivers and your reluctance to continue to support (or not to support) vista64 drivers. In any case, may be a subscription model may be worth it instead of a volonteer model of pay for play.

Thanks again,

I'm not dropping vista 64 support but XP 64 support.

as for your card can you give me your device id so i can add it to the supported list?

@Dox

This time i try too install this driver, but can't not install, messeges erorr same with yesterday my post...

can help me............... :)

have you tried installing using have disk method??

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....showtopic=11997

Dox:

I've mentioned this on NotebookReview under the Gaming & Graphic (hardware / software) section under the thread with your 181.20 drivers.

i had your 180.84.1 drivers previously, and they worked perfectly. i uninstalled them, rebooted into safemode, cleaned out nvidia stuff via driver cleaners. went to install the 181.20 drivers of yours and i click the balance selection for installation, it goes to install on one card and appears to be successful, and when it gets to the second card, it black screens and sits there and the computer freezes. so i have to force it to reboot, and it goes to a blue screen when i try to boot into windows.

i'm forced to go into safemode and delete the drivers and then install older drivers. i'm back to using your 180.84.1 drivers instead. i've read other people with 7 series cards are able to install these. i really look into new drivers as many help SLI performance, and the 181.20 nvidia drivers worked perfectly, but they didn't offer the performance your drivers normally provide, so i went back to 180.84.1

any ideas? is there a goof up on the .inf or something?

i'm currently at work, and when i go home i will check my device ID's on my cards via GPU-Z

nah, I havent goofed up the inf.

Sad fact is that if the drivers doesnt work, its doesnt work,

I can't mod drivers per user basis as it would break something else in the drivers.

If we were 1 to 1, me making the drivers just for you then sure, I could get it to work.

but you have to understand I do this for free and cannot have the time to keep making updated builds everytime for a specific user or thing.

nah, I havent goofed up the inf.

Sad fact is that if the drivers doesnt work, its doesnt work,

I can't mod drivers per user basis as it would break something else in the drivers.

If we were 1 to 1, me making the drivers just for you then sure, I could get it to work.

but you have to understand I do this for free and cannot have the time to keep making updated builds everytime for a specific user or thing.

that is perfectly fine with me, and is very understanable and appreciated that you offer your service for free. i was just wondering if there was something that i was overlooking, or that was overlooked.

I understand you want to make the drivers work,

I'd like to make them work for your sli.

For now stick to my 180.84.1 or another driver from this site and next release I promise to get it working for you :)

OK heres how its gonna work: you email me dox@laptopvideo2go.com

and become my beta tester (for next WHQL release) and you can help me get the drivers working sli for you and others?

I cant do more than that really :)

I understand you want to make the drivers work,

I'd like to make them work for your sli.

For now stick to my 180.84.1 or another driver from this site and next release I promise to get it working for you :)

OK heres how its gonna work: you email me dox@laptopvideo2go.com

and become my beta tester (for next WHQL release) and you can help me get the drivers working sli for you and others?

I cant do more than that really :)

that's awesome! i'll gladly help you out!!!

i'm always interested in cranking out the performance in my sli setup. though when i get home from work, i'm going to try the "have disk" method just to see if that perhaps works.

Guest Wraithe

Wow... my login to laptopvideo2go.com isn't working...

Anyways, amazing drivers! Fallout 3 is so much smoother! There is a noticeable increase in fps from 185.20 for me. The only problem is occasionally VATS crashes in fallout 3. I'm using the Balanced setting of your drivers. This never happened before this driver. I'm using the Windows Vista 32-bit version. If you need anymore information I'll be happy to supply.

asfar as I know you are 1 of 2 people who are using it?

I bet there is like 10 poeple at most using my XPx64....

Takes a long time to mod drivers for little return,if you see what I mean....

hmmmz, you're making me feel guilty about dropping support for it now :'(

No worries, I recognise that I'm in a minority! It's a shame the OS doesn't have a larger install base though... people cling to XP32, but XP64 is just as good and just as compatible. It developed a bad reputation because there was a real issue with driver availability on launch, but it's basically not true anymore... and is a real alternative to Vista for people like me who play games that are problematic in Vista. I think Microsoft are basically trying to kill it off on purpose because it's a potential threat to Vista if more people knew about it.

I'm going on a tangant now though, I recognise it has a smaller install base! With Nvidia themselves now supporting official mobile drivers in all 4 flavours, it's not the end of the world.

i m noob in this what means dox optimized?

With 185.20 I get around 6350 points and with these ones I get 6250 on balanced. Not a big difference altought games seem to run smoother.

Edit: Sorry, those are 3dmark Vantage scores.

Edited by Blacky

Wow... my login to laptopvideo2go.com isn't working...

Anyways, amazing drivers! Fallout 3 is so much smoother! There is a noticeable increase in fps from 185.20 for me. The only problem is occasionally VATS crashes in fallout 3. I'm using the Balanced setting of your drivers. This never happened before this driver. I'm using the Windows Vista 32-bit version. If you need anymore information I'll be happy to supply.

This has nothing to do with Dox's optimizations.

It's a common issue, google it.

Only workaround I've seen so far is to rename fallout3.exe as oblivion.exe, but that means not using live (GFWL) and making a save, to copy an existing one over it.

screens to compare perf vs quality !?

I've been using Dox's 180.40 drivers and I'm very happy with the results they give my sli 8700GT cards. My question is after reading this post I'm still not sure if the new 181.20 dox's drivers will work with a sli config. Please let me know if anyone with a dell m1530 w/8700gt are using these dox's 181.20 & the results

Thanks for any info!

And Thanks Dox's for your great drivers!!!

blue screen on my geforce Go 6600 balance and performance, didnt try high quality(178.24 works fine)

winxp32sp3

Guest bluefox

Can you add support for PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0845 8200M G also do you have plans for optimizing 185.20 so far thats the fastest driver I have seen it scores 300 points higher than your 180.84 in 3dmark06