LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Forceware 181.20

Dox

Im guessing the only solution to overheating is to use the normal 181.20 drivers with modded inf from Peter...

Edited by Ahmaz

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dox

• sssniper

• Abdullah Alhabsyi

• Squall_Rinoa89

I can't go in standby with these and official 181.20...error saying "default monitor avoid you to go in standby"

what are the differences for quality balance and performance options?

i mean why does your/dox's driver have these..?? I have made my own tweaks to vista for font smoothing etc. and I don't want doing that all over again because I chose quality .. a little info about these options would be helpfull

and offcourse it's obvious that

Quality = obviously means higher image quality, slower performance

Performance= lower image quality, higher performance

Balance= Somewhere between the two.

that's not a answer to my question.

what are the difference's I like to know.. like with qualilty AA is preset and not application-controlled. and with balance and performance it's off (example)

I've never used a Dox driver before.

I think this guy is trying to ask the same question that I want to ask. Let's have a go at a rephrase...

Of the 3 settings (quality/balanced/performance) which one will produce a graphical quality that's the same (or closest to the same) as a default install of the 181.20 driver from the nVidia site? The reason I want to know (and I think Sjimmie does too) is that I don't want to make my games look better or worse graphically, I just want it to look the same and get the extra performance from the Dox tweaks. If we don't know where we are starting from in comparison with a stock driver, then it's impossible to say which option is the best, or where I should start, because it's not based on a control that you can compare with later. It's just three labels that relate to each other, when really what I want is to relate the driver to a stock driver and compare accordingly.

If that still doesn't make sense to anyone, then think of it like this. If I told you I had 3 cardboard boxes, one small one medium and one large, what would that mean? How big are the boxes? What is my definition of "big"? How does "big" relate to "medium"? It's impossible to say if you have nothing to base the small medium and large on does it? They are just labels that relate to each other and you are left guessing how they might relate to actual box sizes. However, If I then add that a small box is about 12 inches square and the sizes after that are roughly double each time and the most popular box is medium, then you would have a much clearer idea of what is right for you because you have something to base the three labels on.

Thanks.

Guest chomi_24
Just install on Balance.

Dox I install balance getting drop performance on Assassinns Creed big lags, also I notice on 3dmark 06 SM2.0 and SM3.0 almost perform the same. Im now on performance install works great still solid performance better than 179.28 performance wise and texture quality as well. Dox FYI, your performance install wasn't that bad w/ regards to graphics quality, better than your 180.84.1 driver played assassins creed for 3hours on full note dx10 looks solid, few lags but fine graphics quality and texture still amazing. THANKS DOX, im gonna stay here for awhile. You fix my assassins creed wwwooooaaahhh... TNX...

Dell xps m1530

Vista SP1 x86

4GB memory (3.5GB utilized by windows)

8600m GT DDR3 256mb

Guest bill spencer

Thanks Dox! Great drivers, although near as pritty as your 180.70 with balanced. Nice performance boost on games and marks. My computer is hp dv5, 9600m gt ddr2, overclocked memory to 500. And vista32 working nice and the fan is again spinning as stable before overclocking GPU. Temps are at highest in gaming 67degrees so these drivers fit for my system unlike before. So thanks again for your effort.

Wow, what a nice driver <3

My game and emulator-performance has increased :P Big thx!

But I miss something in the driver... The powermize-switch is like it should be, but at the switch-panel there are no "extra-button" which allows to deactivate the powermize completly. What I mean is the dialogue "should powermize affect the electricity-usage?"

Maybe you don't need the switch in this driver ~ I dont know.

And one more thing... with all the drivers from this site, I've a problem with tearing. When i move the windows in the os, there i can see a tering effect. The same at flash-format videos. It isn't so tragic, but it annoys a little bit :)

Sorry for the bad english again, I'm from germany :)

Still can't download! I get the same error, Cleaned my cache and everything but still the same error! Can anyone help please really want to try these drivers!

thx for the link, but the tool doesn't work :X

Unbenannt1.jpg

I only get this error in the program ;/ But in the driver the powermizer-settings are listed.

I'm confused with this ._.

oops,

forgot to look at your specs.

OK people ARE getting confused with this.

POWERMIZER SWITCH was only a tool designed for vista. (HENCE WHY I SAID I REMOVED IT FROM VISTA INSTALLER???)

IN vista nvidia control panel, this is not an option to turn Powermizer on/off.

That is why I included POWERMIZER SWITCH for people who may want to turn powermizer off

In XP you can turn powermizer on/off in the nvidia control panel.

SO THE TOOL IS NOT NEEDED.

The tool doesnt work in XP because of the way I do my drivers powermizer settings for the OS.

If you dont know hat powermizer is google around!

I'm hoping by removing that tool from my installer people will get less confused.

I don't know how many times I've had questions on this tool.

I did not make the tool it was made by someone for me (v 1.1)

I really need a FAQ.

I HAVE NOT DISABLED POWERMIZER I ONLY REMOVED THE POWERMIZER SWITCH TOOL,

A TOOL WHICH ALLOWS YOU TO TURN OFF POWERMIZER ON VISTA ONLY. POWERMIZER IS ON BY DEFAULT IN MY DRIVERS.

hope this clears things up :)

can't you see I'm getting annoyed at this. :S

It also won't work with 185.20 in vista, so don't ###### him off about that either. :-)

Hmm, the driver installed fine in balanced mode for me (haven't tried the others), but when playing Fallout 3 after exiting megaton and looking back the game crashes (I'm using the ultra high rez megaton texture pack and have a g50v with 9700m gt). Previous drivers were 177.92 and worked fine.

Hmm, the driver installed fine in balanced mode for me (haven't tried the others), but when playing Fallout 3 after exiting megaton and looking back the game crashes (I'm using the ultra high rez megaton texture pack and have a g50v with 9700m gt). Previous drivers were 177.92 and worked fine.

Read the thread please!

This is not a Dox drivers issue, as discussed just a few pages back.

No windscreen resulotions!!!! Stops at 1024@768, my 1280@800 is not supported!

My sistem: Nvidia 9600m gt\ xp sp3

Me too...

any solutions? :)

I thought you'd like to hear from someone who isn't complaining about problems with your drivers. I have had nothing but good luck with your optimized versions. It seems to me that people expect the world out of tweaked drivers but you're taking a chance with any you try. Since the guys over at tweakforce don't really put out mobile drivers that much, it's nice to have somewhere else to turn. Great work Dox. :)

in gta IV in my noutbook i am using 25 fps (balance option driver) in 960x600 (menu 800x600) command line..

the very very THANKS!! befor 15 fps...

BIG THANKS :)

New result 4913 in 3D Mark 06 achieved with this version, thanks to Dox! :)

post-29290-1231956369_thumb.jpg

thats a meaty overclock!

I did my best) i think it`s rather good result for 8600m gt 512 ddr2 :)

thank you again for the drivers, without them that result wouldn`t be possible to achieve

P.S.: damn, i like your current status message! :)

Edited by sssniper

Hey Dox,

I have an 8700gt, running Vista 64. Occasionally, when I plug and unplug the laptop, it'll freeze, and I'll have to do a hard reset. This only occurs with the 180 drivers and above. This doesn't occur with your 178.24 drivers. Any suggestions? Anyway, thanks for all your work.

Dox, the link to download vista64 is dead. I can't download it anymore. Do you have a filefront one? or a mediafire one? Anyway, just wondering if you have second links or not, cause the one in here isn't working.

Awesome release Dox! Will try this out later.

Awesome release Dox! Will try this out later.

Anyone got 3dmark vantage scores between these and 185.20?