LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Forceware 181.20

Dox

(w00t first post... OK, now that THAT's out of the way...)

First off, tank you so much, Dox, for taking the time to improve these drivers for us... if one person can do it, you have to wonder why it takes NVIDIA so long! But yeah, Acer's website still hasn't fixed their driver download service, so sites like this one are literally my only hope... and so it's nice to see that you've taken all the guesswork and heartache out of modding files and all else. I know I'll be coming back here in the future, because this driver gave me a significant frame boost in TF2/L4D...

...sadly, though, it also has an error so severe it forces me to rollback to your previous release. Once I put my computer to sleep (Acer Aspire 6920, Vista Ultimate x86, NVIDIA GeForce 9500M GS), it doesn't want to wake back up without a power-cycle. Reading through the posts in this forum, I'm apparently not the only user experiencing this problem... does anyone have any advice, and will rolling back to Dox 180.84 resolve the problem if this driver can't be made to?

(If this has been discussed elsewhere outside of this forum, please don't bite my head off... I AM new here.)

I have the same question - is this the case for all 18x.xx drivers?

thanks!!

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dox

• sssniper

• Abdullah Alhabsyi

• Squall_Rinoa89

Dox,first thanks for all the work,the original 181.20 didn't even install correctly on my Hp Dv9575Ep (8600M GS),yours installed beautifully and run without any complains.

The high quality is awesome,but from what I tested (little playing with gtr evolution) it breaked a little,but with normal it is ok.

Thanks one more time

i just wanted to say thank you for adding support to the macbook and macbook pro line

now my COD 4 running alot smoother then my "out of box drivers" that came with the system

keep up the great work and if you need someone to test the macbook 9400M drivers in future releases please do not hesitate to shoot me a pm

here's looking forward to your next release :) :)

nice score, thats 7950GTX territory :)

yes, 5k + its cool :) without any additional cooling used :P

I don't know why? but

on my ASUS V2S NVIDIA 8600GS, after installing 181.20 instead of 180.70 - the temperature decreases on around 6-10 degrees C.

During installation I choose Balanced configuration.

Anyway, great job. :)

Yay, was able to log into my account (forgot that the login username and display names were different). I was the guy that was having problems with Fallout 3

Anyways, just like to say that with these drivers I was able to overclock my GPU while playing Fallout 3 higher than before. I have a 8600m GT DDR2 256mb card, with default clocks at 475/400. On the 185.20 drivers, my OC was only able to get to 500/419 on fallout 3 without crashing, fragmenting, or underclocking. With these, I can play Fallout 3 with a rough overclock of 575/475(have been to lazy to get the perfect OC) though I've only played it for one hour at most between sittings after the overclock. Finally, I could overclock the GPU for the Crysis demo with a rough overclock (again, too lazy) of 700/519 (probably could squeeze more out)!!! Now this is besides the reduced heat with these drivers, and fps increase even without overclock. Amazing drivers man!!! Keep it up! Sorry about thinking these drivers had something to do with the crashing in VATS.

P.S. First post on an actual account!!!

Yea, Fallout 3 crashes when you use VATS with these drivers. I don't have that issue with 185.20 Drivers what so ever.

No matter how many people say its not a driver issue it IS because if every other driver works but 181.20 doesn't it shows its not a game problem but driver issue and i've beat the game once already with 185.20 drivers without a crash.

Just to confirm for those who own the Gateway P-7805U FX (same for the 7801u) with the Nvidia M9800 GTS 1 GB VRAM that this driver installed and works flawlessly. The hardware ID posted earlier was directly from my own Gateway FX device properties HW ID.

Edited by husky55

Guest Subversive

The Vista release of these drivers are working WONDERFULLY on Windows 7. Noticeable improvements over the initial release for this OS.

Very well done Dox! :-)

Guest Anthony
Yea, Fallout 3 crashes when you use VATS with these drivers. I don't have that issue with 185.20 Drivers what so ever.

No matter how many people say its not a driver issue it IS because if every other driver works but 181.20 doesn't it shows its not a game problem but driver issue and i've beat the game once already with 185.20 drivers without a crash.

I have heard stories of the latest patch (1.1) creating slow downs and even crashes in VATS (hence why all of my benchmarks are in v1.05; I have not experienced any crashes in VATS with these drivers). Do you have the latest patch installed? If not, tell where exactly where you were, who you were fighting, and what you were using. I'm on my second playthrough, so I can probably replicate your situation unless I've killed the named enemies (I'm evil this time around).

The only crashes I experience seem to be due to my overloading the game engine. I have a mod that replaces all of the GNR songs with 20 of my own, except that most of mine are of 320 kbps variety, apparently too far above the 192 kbps stock music files. Just recently I had my first (in this playthrough) run-in with the Enclave in the Jefferson Memorial. My character has over 200 AP (mods+clothing), and I used up almost all of them queueing up attacks in VATS against the 6 Enclave that had set up shop in the gift shop area (I also have a mod that increases the spawn count of enemies). Again, no crashes, just that my fps went down to about 10 with all the plasma/laser fire, Tesla armor, and Dogmeat going around.

Cheers,

-Anthony

I downloaded the updated drivers, and my laptop still freezes when i plug or unplug it. 178.24 are the last drivers that dont cause this. I have an 8700gt running vist64. Any thoughts?

(w00t first post... OK, now that THAT's out of the way...)

First off, tank you so much, Dox, for taking the time to improve these drivers for us... if one person can do it, you have to wonder why it takes NVIDIA so long! But yeah, Acer's website still hasn't fixed their driver download service, so sites like this one are literally my only hope... and so it's nice to see that you've taken all the guesswork and heartache out of modding files and all else. I know I'll be coming back here in the future, because this driver gave me a significant frame boost in TF2/L4D...

...sadly, though, it also has an error so severe it forces me to rollback to your previous release. Once I put my computer to sleep (Acer Aspire 6920, Vista Ultimate x86, NVIDIA GeForce 9500M GS), it doesn't want to wake back up without a power-cycle. Reading through the posts in this forum, I'm apparently not the only user experiencing this problem... does anyone have any advice, and will rolling back to Dox 180.84 resolve the problem if this driver can't be made to?

(If this has been discussed elsewhere outside of this forum, please don't bite my head off... I AM new here.)

I have the same question - is this the case for all 18x.xx drivers?

thanks!!

First off, I found where it says during installation that Dox will under no circumstances answer questions relating to sleep not working...

...so I hope you'll forgive me. :) It won't happen again...

...because we know how to fix it! Disable PowerMizer! This removes the problem entirely... no matter what driver or model you're using. (as far as I can tell)

If you're using XP, you can disable PowerMizer in your NVIDIA Control Panel under Mobile Options.

If you're using Vista (or Windows 7), you have to edit the registry... a daunting task. Luckily, this guide from Notebook Review makes it easy!

Of course, losing PowerMizer means that you don't get downclocking on low-intensity programs (whether that's a good thing or not depends on you...), so be sure that's what you want first. Other than that... well, hope it helps!~

I have heard stories of the latest patch (1.1) creating slow downs and even crashes in VATS (hence why all of my benchmarks are in v1.05; I have not experienced any crashes in VATS with these drivers). Do you have the latest patch installed? If not, tell where exactly where you were, who you were fighting, and what you were using. I'm on my second playthrough, so I can probably replicate your situation unless I've killed the named enemies (I'm evil this time around).

The only crashes I experience seem to be due to my overloading the game engine. I have a mod that replaces all of the GNR songs with 20 of my own, except that most of mine are of 320 kbps variety, apparently too far above the 192 kbps stock music files. Just recently I had my first (in this playthrough) run-in with the Enclave in the Jefferson Memorial. My character has over 200 AP (mods+clothing), and I used up almost all of them queueing up attacks in VATS against the 6 Enclave that had set up shop in the gift shop area (I also have a mod that increases the spawn count of enemies). Again, no crashes, just that my fps went down to about 10 with all the plasma/laser fire, Tesla armor, and Dogmeat going around.

Cheers,

-Anthony

yes i have the latest Fallout Patch.

It'd crash if i loaded a older save before the patch. Vats crash was when u got the BB gun for the first time and introduced to VATS is where it crashed over and over and over again.

It never crashed before on Max with max samplings. So it points to the drivers.

DOX is this driver support GeForce 9100M G? and an operating system windows XP home edition SP2?

Not here (181.20 vista). But slow.

Works in Windows 7 Beta 1 x64. :)

Guest Bennett

Just had a lockup.

Vista X64.

For no reason, was on internet, and well loads of multi-coloured rectangles appeared :S

Using the drivers on balanced mode.

Using a 9800GTX+

Oh, Sleep works on my end.

I can sleep and wake my laptop without a problem.

Maybe because i turned off wake with mouse and turned on wake with keyboard?

I like these drivers but could you PLEASE leave Nview intact for those of us who want the option?

Or if there's any way i can manually add them from a 17X.xx version, would appreciate you telling me how

Cheers

XPS M1730M / Intel Core 2 Extreme X9000 / 8800M GTX SLI / 4GB DDR2 / XP SP3

balanced gave ne artifacts and performance actually lowered my laptops performance compared to 180.84 and increased the temp so i had to roll back to 180.84'

anyways I'm looking forward to your next drivers Dox

Hey Dox, this Version works great for my System.

I can use Hibernate and it wake up !! :)

But it seem i lost a resolution: 1280x800

Got this in all other version of ur or Pieters inf.

It is not serious because i alway use 1440x900

but for Testing i would like to get it back

Used Performance Install.

Any Idea how to modify the inf to get this back ?