LaptopVideo2Go Forums

What software do you use to optimize your computer?

Twisteds7

I am just wondering what software everyone uses to optimize and maintain their computer. Here is what I currently use, let me know if there are better options out there.

All-in-ones: TuneUp Utilities 2009 and Advanced SystemCare - I've been using TuneUp for a few years and recently found Advanced SystemCare which seems to do a good job. TuneUp also has a 'Shredder' which attached to the Recycle Bin enables for full deletion of whatever I put in. Both have a registry cleaner/defrag which I use.

Cleaning: CCleaner - you probably all already know this one, it cleans a lot of unnecessary files. I use this for my registry cleaner as well.

Defrag: SmartDefrag - it is part of Advanced SystemsCare and does a good job.

Anti-Virus/Spyware: Eset Smart Security - it is Nod32 with a built-in firewall amongst other minor tweaks.

Edited by Twisteds7

I use Tuneup and Advance SystemCare as well. Both do Cleaning and Defrag job for me.

Antivirus/Spyware : Norton Internet Security 2009.

NIS2009 improves a lot. Using even less resource than Eset NOD32. It has good detection rate. Their firewall is strong *seagate u noe*.

I use ....

All In One : Advanced SystemCare & Aslogics Pro.

Cleaning : As stated above for registry and junk files and may be CCleaner sometime

Defragment: Smart Defrag 1.03 & defragment software in aslogics

Anti-Virus/spyware: I use Spyware Doctor (no update due to invaild serial) to clean, however most of the time I turn it off.

On every system I have ever worked on Norton has always played a major factor in slowing said machine down. I have not used a recent (2 years) version of it though. I also have the same experience with McAffee. Has it changed a whole lot or have all of my experiences been a string of coincidences?

What I've seen in tests several antivirus tools' 2009 versions are lighter probably due to complaints. Wasn't Norton one of the worst a couple of years ago?

Yeah, Norton used to be a huge resource hog. Maybe it isn't as much anymore though.

The latest version got favorable comments about this on test.

• 3 weeks later...

Can anyone else chime in here in regards to any of these programs or programs they use?

• 6 months later...

All-In-One: Advanced Systemcare3 Pro w/Internet and Game Booster

CCleaner

Avira Antivirus home: used to use Avast 4.8pro, but became too poor to sustain said subscription

ADV-care-3 takes care of almost anything i can throw at it, gameBooster gives me a nice 3-4 extra fps. not too shabby for a good program.

All-in-ones: TweakVI

Cleaning: CCleaner, Total Uninstall

Defrag: PerfectDisk 8

Anti-Virus/Spyware: Avast, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, Spybot - Search & Destroy, Windows Defender

I use "sudo aptitude purge <insert_package_name_here>" :-)