LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Macbook Pro - NVIDIA 9600M GT

Guest Christofer

Guest Christofer

Hello, I hope that someone would like to help me out, Im using a MPB with 9600M GT (as the topic says) And i would really appreciate if somone could help me to find the right drivers for me, I have searched alot on this but Im not that good on this hacker-jumbo-mumbo so im afraid to ###### things up. The thing im most intreseted in is to enable PhysX.

Oh, i run Windows Xp Sp 3 on bootcamp.

Guest Codeseven

Hi Chris.

I also have a MacBook Pro running XPSP3 with the 9600m GT. My current driver (the one it came with) is 176.44, which I'm sure is rather old. I'm playing FSX and also would like to know which newer driver to use.

• 5 weeks later...

Alright so i have had this same laptop for awhile now, its a beast that has potential if it wasn't so s***ty :)

I've tried every driver available on this site for my graphics card and nothing has worked. I even installed windows 7 and that was crashing on any game i played.

I mean this computer already has issues overheating it seems and i don't like having to do a fan fix by using software in mac then switching to windows.

I wish some little programmer out there would at least investigate this.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, i have the same computer, a unibody macbook pro (late 08) with a Geforce 9600GT 512mb and ive tried every driver, from here and nvidias page and im stuck with the stock bootcamp driver that came with the leopard DVD (175) im playing farcry 2 and i see some funny shadows behaviour and there is a message at the beggining telling me my drivers are too old. ive tried with xp and vista 32 bit and im still yet to update the driver for the machine

has anyone actually successfully updated their MBP drivers for the 9600? or it just cant be done as of now?

cheers great site

RaAs

I also have the Second Generation MacBook Pro and I have problem with external display. Whenever I plug into my external displaying the mini-display port to VGA adapter, I can't get the resolution to go any higher than 640x480. Have this problems with stock boot camp drivers and drivers from here as well. I am currently running Vista Ultimate.

Is it possible to update drivers, or should I stick with Windows XP?

• 5 weeks later...