LaptopVideo2Go Forums

vista freeze with garbled image on 9500m GS

ajimi_255

im experiencing random vista lockup with garbled image on my acer aspire 6920G with 9500m GS.. it sometimes occur when im browsing the internet or going to play a game (rite after double clicking the game's icon).. doesnt occur when im PLAYING games.. i thought that my gpu is getting too hot but then when i tried stressing it with FurMark for about an hours (using the stability test) it ran just fine.. the temp is at 60*c max.. tried resetting the ram & everything even tightening the screws on my graphic card

it started to occur after installing dox 180.84 driver.. & i did overclocked my 9500m gS once using the bios reflashing method but i change it to stock clock like after 1+ weeks. was overclocking my gpu before cause this?

sorry for the bad english/grammar..

Edited by ajimi_255

anyone? :)

i think you should try another driver

good luck

i think you should try another driver

good luck

i already tried using the original driver provided by acer, tried 170+ series driver.. then tried with 180.70 dox driver, then again tried with the latest dox driver, 181.20.. still having the problem..

haaa the test ran just fine. so i guess that my card is still fine. btw i did turn off powermizer lastnyte & no garbled image since then. :) i wonder if powermizer is the culprit.. hmm. thanks btw for the link to the download :)

im experiencing random vista lockup with garbled image on my acer aspire 6920G with 9500m GS.. it sometimes occur when im browsing the internet or going to play a game (rite after double clicking the game's icon).. doesnt occur when im PLAYING games.. i thought that my gpu is getting too hot but then when i tried stressing it with FurMark for about an hours (using the stability test) it ran just fine.. the temp is at 60*c max.. tried resetting the ram & everything even tightening the screws on my graphic card

it started to occur after installing dox 180.84 driver.. & i did overclocked my 9500m gS once using the bios reflashing method but i change it to stock clock like after 1+ weeks. was overclocking my gpu before cause this?

sorry for the bad english/grammar..

I had the same problems with my Acer 5920G with GF 8600M GT (not overclocked). Drivers 180.84 and 181.20 cause garbled image and notebook pending. Only 180.43 is working stable. May be 185.20 will be better?