LaptopVideo2Go Forums

IdeaCom HID Touch Screen Driver

Galdere

I'm getting warnings that as part of the yesterdays update Tuesdays for windows, Vista users are being offered an optional update for "IdeaCom Touch Screen", even if the vast majority of us don't have that hardware.

There are reports that those who have used this choice are no longer able to use their touchpads, and some are saying it causes them problems with their mouse and keyboard as well.

If you've already installed it, you'll have to go into the device manager and look under human interface devices to remove it.

EDIT: Whoops, meant to put this in Misc. Support. Sorry :-)

Guest WiserNow

My laptop woke itself up from hibernation one night, ran this update and then crashed when the battery ran out. All while I was sleeping.

My touchpad no longer worked, so I got a USB mouse and disabled the touch screen and my touchpad came back. Until the next reboot. Then I went to Device Manager and removed the IdeaCom device from the Human Interface Device section, but the touchpad reinstalled upon reboot. then I uninstalled *everything* from the Human Interface Device section, selected the "Delete driver" checkbox when available, rebooted, and I think I'm clean. At least until the next update....