LaptopVideo2Go Forums

temperature for XPS 1530

Guest boon1987

Guest boon1987

hi everyone, i got a question. Hope you can understand it.

I own an dell XPS 1530 with 8600GT 256 DDR3. When i playing intensive game such as GRID, need for speed undercover and etc. I get the temperature of GPU using rivatuner is 90 degree celcius at peak and also canstantly. I am not overclock it. Is this normal or i shoud call dell to replace it?

I see from other forum in this site, all of them get this around these temperature with overclock their card. And i not overclock and get this temperature.

Note: my processor is T7700 2.4 GHz and using zalman cooling pad. Never apply new thermal paste.

I hope i can get good advice from veteran.

Thank You.

hi everyone, i got a question. Hope you can understand it.

I own an dell XPS 1530 with 8600GT 256 DDR3. When i playing intensive game such as GRID, need for speed undercover and etc. I get the temperature of GPU using rivatuner is 90 degree celcius at peak and also canstantly. I am not overclock it. Is this normal or i shoud call dell to replace it?

I see from other forum in this site, all of them get this around these temperature with overclock their card. And i not overclock and get this temperature.

Note: my processor is T7700 2.4 GHz and using zalman cooling pad. Never apply new thermal paste.

I hope i can get good advice from veteran.

Thank You.

definitely call dell, if your getting those temps without overclocking this is not normal. i have the same laptop as you, and have had my motherboard/heatsink replaced twice because of this same problem. good thing is dell is very fast, got it replaced within 2 days of calling, and its 100% free of course. you just have to call dell xps tech support and tell them your issue, and theyll replace it.

good luck! :)

Edited by coolcop06

Guest boon1987
definitely call dell, if your getting those temps without overclocking this is not normal. i have the same laptop as you, and have had my motherboard/heatsink replaced twice because of this same problem. good thing is dell is very fast, got it replaced within 2 days of calling, and its 100% free of course. you just have to call dell xps tech support and tell them your issue, and theyll replace it.

good luck! :)

oh, thank for your information.

Beside, can u tell me what is the reason this problem occur? motherboard or heatsink or graphic card?

thank again.