LaptopVideo2Go Forums

the screen of my laptop goes really weird?

Tonybane

hi there,

i can't really describe it but just out of the blue, the screen get all weird like the pixels are mest up. I can still see everything a bit but it just won't react to anything? so I just pres the power button for a few moment computer start up again and well that's then it does it for a while or maybe a day and then again sudenly it come again! I hope some one can understand my problem and can answer my question!

Cya and have a nice day,

ps: sorry for my bad english;)

Good Day,

Do you know what NVidia Gfx card you have. With Vista Right click the Desktop and select Personalization. From there, you will see Display. Click that and It should tell you the Video display adapter. That would be the first start.

Also after determining Gfx card, click Start Menu Orb and select run and type "dxdiag". You will see The Direct X Diagnostic tool. Click the Display tab and please post driver version and graphic card model.

Good Day,

Do you know what NVidia Gfx card you have. With Vista Right click the Desktop and select Personalization. From there, you will see Display. Click that and It should tell you the Video display adapter. That would be the first start.

Also after determining Gfx card, click Start Menu Orb and select run and type "dxdiag". You will see The Direct X Diagnostic tool. Click the Display tab and please post driver version and graphic card model.

Hi there,

I did what you said and I found my display adapter: NVIDIA Geforce 9500M GS

Dac type: integrated RAMDAC

total memory: 1779

driver version:

driver: nvd3dum.dll,nvwgf2um.dll

version:7.15.00 11.8520

hope this is enough?

cya:D

181.22 may be worth trying.

Or Dox optimized 181.20, here: http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....showtopic=22670

Weren't there bad results with some 9500/9600 users and some newest drivers?

181.22 may be worth trying.

Or Dox optimized 181.20, here: http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....showtopic=22670

Weren't there bad results with some 9500/9600 users and some newest drivers?

hi there

thx for the advise i installed the dox version but just a moment ago it happend again :)

Guest Tech Nerd
hi there

thx for the advise i installed the dox version but just a moment ago it happend again :)

Ok, Your driver is pretty much up to date, although, I would use WHQL 181.22 from nvidia website. Just select 9M series from drop down list, or have it detect you GPU.

What kind of battery, does your laptop use? Your battery, if you are using a battery, could be bad. Also heat could be causing lock-ups. I recently owned a laptop where the battery would get very hot, and I had to buy a laptop cooler. I often had random crashes as well. If your laptop is still under warranty, you could contact the manufacturer and see if the laptop battery needs a replacement or if you need to buy a laptop cooler. Some manufacturers often supply people with free or discounted accessories if their product is still under warranty.

This is one reason why I have abandoned laptops because of the battery overheating. I hope that the problem isn't to serious. I really hope that it is the battery because that is a simple fix.