LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Weird Readings

jacktheripper

the following is the reading on my clocking of GPU:

on idle:

Core Clock: 182.25

Clock Shader: 364.50

Memory: 799.20

This is a very weird reading as my memory clock does not even go that high.

All info are on the left panel.

Very weird reading, but when I start a game, it goes to the clocking I had adjusted.

Good Day

What software are you using to test your GPU Temps? (Riva Tuner, GPU-Z, EVGA Precision, ntune, etc) There are many more, but these are some of the more accurate software monitors.

Also note that these softare aren't perfect, but are close to accurate. What are your default speeds. You could try resetting them to default and see if the readings are still odd.

It will go that high if you have it overclocked, as your defaults are 475/950/700.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForc...-GT.3986.0.html

Use GPU-Z to see that:

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....showtopic=22712

the following is the reading on my clocking of GPU:

on idle:

Core Clock: 182.25

Clock Shader: 364.50

Memory: 799.20

I have the same card (8600m GT with DDR2 memory) and exactly the same readings (2D mode) in RivaTuner hardware monitor. This appears to be a bug in the program. When memory clock changes to anything else than stock 100 MHz, readings are fine. The other thing is that Core/Shader clocks reported are about 7% higher than they should be. In stock 2D mode, they are 170/340 MHz, not 182/364 MHz. GPU-Z reports proper clocks, so there is nothing to worry about.