LaptopVideo2Go Forums

What level of temperaure expected after replacing motherboard

Guest boon1987

Guest boon1987

hello guy....

i own an XPS 1530 with 8600GT 256DDR3. Recently, my motherboard is replaced by dell with a new one. However, i found that the temperature of GPU goes to 90 degreee celcius, which is very high after i start to play need for speed carbon wihtin 5 minutes. I didn't overclock the card at all. I use the driver from Dox's optimised driver. So i called dell and they said they will come again and replaced the heatsink again tommorow. So, my question is that what level of temperature to be expected after replace the heatsink tommorow?

Thank for anyone who helping me. I really need the answer now.

Thank.

When playing games, you shouldn't get much over 80 as a max really, preferably in the 70's

Guest boon1987
When playing games, you shouldn't get much over 80 as a max really, preferably in the 70's

So u mean the for XPS 1530, when the GPU goes over 80 degree, i should ask dell to replace the motherboard again?

I had the same problem as you, so i called dell and sent my laptop for a repair. They found out that i had a faulty heat sink, so it got replaced. Before replacing heat sink, my lappy's temps used to be around 90 - 93 C with constant gfx down clocking (was unable to play a game for more than 5 mins). After the replacement, my max temp is 77 - 82 C (no automatic down clocking anymore), so I overclocked my gfx card to 600 mhz clock and 800 mhz memory, the temps are now around 80 - 88C max. and my games are running smooth. :)

Edited by nikechristo

yuppp, had to have my motherboard/heatsink/cpu replaced TWICE by dell on the same laptop until they got it right. now my gpu is anywhere from 75-88c depending on the game (overclocked to 660/1030/1320), and cpu never goes above 65-70c. just tell dell that the problem consists and that you need another replacement, as well as a cpu swap. and make sure to clean the dust from the fan, it helps! good luck.

yuppp, had to have my motherboard/heatsink/cpu replaced TWICE by dell on the same laptop until they got it right. now my gpu is anywhere from 75-88c depending on the game (overclocked to 660/1030/1320), and cpu never goes above 65-70c. just tell dell that the problem consists and that you need another replacement, as well as a cpu swap. and make sure to clean the dust from the fan, it helps! good luck.

660 core clock and 1320 memory? :)

Is it stable?

And by the way, your CPU can only handle 800 MHz memory clock from GPU. Increasing your memory clock of your graphics card more than 800 mhz wouldn't increase your performance. It'll only generate more heat.

Guest boon1987

wow, it is amazing.

Regarding to your temperature,

1.may i ask you which version of driver you use?

2.do you do any modification such as new thermal paste or copper mod?

3. What is CPU swap?

thank in advance.