LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Dell Precision M4400 w/ Quadro 1700M Backlight Flicker

flynace

Laptop Make/Model = Dell Precision M4400

Graphics Card -- Device ID (DEV_ID) = 065A SUBSYS_ID = 02501028

Current working Driver Version = 176.26

Last Useable Driver Version = unknown

Operating System = Windows XP SP3 32bit

I have a Dell M4400 with the Quadro FX 1700M graphics card that was downgraded to Windows XP.

Dell only has one driver for the system - version 176.26.

First, the graphics performance is very poor in XP with this driver.

Dell's XP drivers don't even list Quadro 1700M support for XP as they push Vista.

They have a 'multi device' package that works on the 1700M (the regular update driver won't install).

I would like to run Badaboom with CUDA and it requires driver version 177.34 or greater with CUDA support.

I have tried a few different drivers with modified INFs from this site and Badaboom runs, but there is annoying problem - the LCD screen backlighting has a constant flicker.

My laptop was configured with the double bright 2 CCFL backlighting display - I don't know if this is what makes the difference.

The only driver that I can find so far that does not cause the flicker is the Dell driver.

Can anyone recommend a driver greater than 177.34 and an INF file that can stop the backlight flickering issue?

Thanks

LaptopVideo2Go_LogFile.txt