LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Most optimal 8700M GT 512MB driver vista 32bit?

dnl000

I currently run the 8700M GT 512MB on an Alienware Area-51 m15x core2duo T9300 2.5ghz @ 1440x900 with the 179.28.

It runs quite fine but i'm looking and i guess everybody is, for the most optimal driver to get a max out of this card.

Please post any thoughts, driver information or versions that may be useful.

Thank you in advance.

Edited by dnl000

I've been running the 179.14 on my M1730 since I've found it to excel when running in SLI. So it would be my recommendation. I'm also interested however in finding out if there are superior drivers out there for this card, I really don't want to start overclocking but I feel thats my next step :)

Edited by Akaricloud

I've been running the 179.14 on my M1730 since I've found it to excel when running in SLI. So it would be my recommendation. I'm also interested however in finding out if there are superior drivers out there for this card, I really don't want to start overclocking but I feel thats my next step :)

I've got normal (without sli) Would the 179.14 still be good for me? Have you tried 179.28? What is SLI anyways?

Thank you for posting.