• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dox

• zipper

• Kestol

• vlank

Top Posters In This Topic

All the 181.22.1 links in the first post of this topic work fine for me as of right now.

As of right now I'm also changing the topic title to reflect that these are Dox's drivers.

Its confusing getting emails with the non-Dox title and .1 mentioned at the same time...

Also as of right now I'm starting my assault on signature thieves stealing my photobucket bandwidth.

You have been warned. (looks at xKim_H :) )

Edit: Scratch the topic renaming, I just noticed Dox has his own section.

Sneaky Admins....

I believe there may be a problem when using the Firefox browser. Of course, there could just be an issue on my end too. :) In the past, I've always been able to download updates through Firefox but I'm suddenly having issues for some reason...and only with this site. I'm using Firefox 3.0.6 and, assuming I've inserted the screenshot correctly, you should be able to see the error message I've been getting over the past 3 days. Internet Explorer, however, worked fine and I was able to download the driver through the links on the first page.

Here's the screenshot:

Error1.jpg

After playing around a bit, it seems the problem is when I directly click on the download links. Upon doing so, I'm taken to the error screen. If I right-click on the links and select "Save link as..." or "Open link in new tab (or window)..." I'm able to download the file(s) as usual.

Since I've never run into this issue before, I thought I'd let you know just in case this happens to be a problem with other people too. If I've been doing something wrong, let me know. I've always just clicked on the links and away I went. I've never right-clicked on them before now.

FYI - I did all the usual troubleshooting before posting as well...deleted browser history, temp files, cookies, - even rebooted - etc. Nothing seemed to help.

Sorry for the long post. Maybe this will help somebody else...

Keep up the great work, Dox! I love the drivers. :P

Just went from 180.84.1, to this one seems your drivers always give me a performance boost in fps and stability, sometimes bit more heat, but who cares :)

Keep on the good work! :)

post edited...

good driver, not as good as i thought when i first installed it, but good anyway :-)

Edited by TontonX

just installed this a few hours ago. i had a run of CoD4, L4D and Football Manager 2009. everything looks so much better now and performance seems to have improved. temperature is still the same.

however...i've had 2 lockups already where i had to hard restart. i'm not sure if its the driver, but it might be it as there's nothing on my windows partition but games. its the only thing i've added recently as well...

just had my 3rd lockup. looks like this isn't the driver for me. :S

Guest Vlackho

Hello,

I get smoother and better gameplay with these drivers but it seems these drivers downclock my GPU... RIGHT after I exit GTA IV, I see the stock GPU speeds 400Mhz and 475Mhz using nTune, but after awhile the GPU speeds are 275 Mhz and 200 Mhz... Also when I restart my laptop the speeds stay at 275 and 200 Mhz. What is the reason of this?

My rig: Inspiron 1720, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.2 Ghz, 2 GB RAM, GeForce 8600M GT 256 RAM, Vista 32 Bit

Thanks in advance

Guest Vlackho

WOW thanks man for the fast reply and know that I know it's normal behaviour!

I'm just curious if you could disable that powermizer, in the control panel or something... It's not really that I want to disable it but just to know that I could...

Or is powermizer a feature that developers(such as yourself) choose in advance to put it in a driver or not, and when once IN a driver you can't turn it off anymore...?

Thanks for making such wonderfull drivers!

I got a little problem.. It's not the standby screen issue some other people have...

But when i turn my computer off and later on again... Every now and then my screensize changes too 1024*768... Where i always have it set to 1280*800.

That's quite annoying since i have to rearrange my icons everytime. So any fix for that?

I'm about to cry over here....

Ok so i have an Apple MacBook Pro 15inch Unibody it uses its Nvidia 9600M GT in windows,

now i have had a horrible time trying to make this laptop work correctly

i have try your driver that supports this card and a few others, i have modified their .inf's to no avail

every time i try drivers that should work for it i always get the error stating that there is no compatible driver

the version of the driver that comes with Boot Camp is 1.76 i believe thats getting a little dated

I have tried drivers on Windows Xp 32bit and Windows 7 beta 64bit

Wierd 9600MGT should install.

Unless there is multiple IDs for 9600MGT.

You'll need to go into device manager and get me the PCI id of your graphics card so I can add support to it for next release.

so i have tried i few odd fixes that i have found on the internet to make my mac more "stable"

disabling 802.11a for my wireless card and enabling afterburner - I read that there was a conflict with the Nvidia drivers

installed rivatuner and set it to a constant performance 3d - i read that the voltage changes on the video card ###### with it so the constant voltage makes it perform "correct"

but i still when i boot up my computer into windows my screen goes berserk lines scrolling everywhere i wish i had a video it makes me scared and before i applied the fixes i listed above the screen would do this once and then again but on the second time it wouldnt stop and increase the lines more and more

but now after these odd fixes my computer can run fear for hours and also fallout 3 and left 4 dead

but i am still interested in seeing if your drivers will be able to provide me a more stable system

sorry if this is out of please in the forum

Fist of all sorry for my bad english

This drive make a huge improvement for 3D games for me( plus 12~17 fps -Fallout 3 'n' Mirror's Edge- o.O )

I've tried every thing! but the sleep issue wasn't solve even at v1.1

I go fine to sleep mode but I can't wake up at all(Black screen, HD activity for wilhe them... nothing ) :)

My system is :

MS Windows vista x64 Business

GeForce 8600M 256 DDR2

If anyone could help I'll appreciate

Edited by Carlos_rpg

Dox-

FYI...I've been using this driver for a couple weeks now (the '.1' version) and I consistently experience issues when waking up from sleep. My laptop seems like it starts to wake up after I press a key or wiggle the mouse but the screen never reappears. When this happens, I have to completely shut down and restart again.

I thought I would let you know since you indicated this issue was resolved in the '.1' release. For my system, it's definitely not fixed. Several of the recent driver releases have had the same issue as well.

I'm using a Dell XPS m1330, GeForce 8400M GS and Vista Home Premium SP1.

There was a driver - maybe 3 to 5 updates ago that seemed to work well from the sleep mode aspect. I wish I could remember which one is was. :) I'd switch back immediately.

Your efforts are appreciated and I hope you're able to work out this issue with future releases. It seems to be a common theme. I have no idea what goes into working with drivers of any sort so fixing the issue may be easier said than done.

Keep up the great work! :)

~Sko

well... Just in case...

the 182.05 solve my problems with Sleep mode

well... Just in case...

the 182.05 solve my problems with Sleep mode

Thanks, Carlos. You read my mind. I was reading through posts about the latest Dox releases and I noticed a few positive messages about the 182.05 driver. I'm going to give it a try next.

On a side note, I'm wondering if someone would kindly help me confirm my understanding of the Powermizer settings. I've searched for a relatively thorough explanation of them but I haven't been able to find anything yet. I should probably be able to figure it out on my own - but - what can I say?! My memory is a bit fuzzy but I must have ridden the short bus to school when I was a kid. :)

The way I understand it is if I want my graphics card to run at full power when plugged in, turn Powermizer OFF for the plugged in option. If I want to conserve power when running on battery but also want to have full performance when I need it, turn Powermizer ON for the battery option.

Is that right...or am I misunderstanding the settings?

Finally, while I know that I don't have the most powerful notebook graphics card in the world (GeForce 8400M GS), is it possible to overclock it [slightly] without melting the motherboard? Can the card be overclocked to begin with?

Thanks for your help!

~Sko

thanks a lot for the drivers Dox!! they are working like a charm, I've noticed an increase in fps in most games.. i just hope you could fix the sleep mode issue, even if you didn't they are still one of the best drivers. I've tried the new v185 and they weren't so good. also, i have some questions:

1) there is Nvmediacenter startup entry, could I remove it or it could affect the performance of the drivers?

2) also, there is Nvcpldaemon startup entry, could i remove it also?

I understand that i should not disable the display driver service, but does it matter if i remove the above startup entries?

regards

I suggest you use my 182.05 - sleep is working and performance is good.

I used to remove Nvmediacenter but stopped since 180.70 because people were having some probs with it.

You could remove it if you want, you wont see much gain in boot up times.

With Nvcldaemon do not remove that as it breaks certain features in the drivers:

Colour settings you made in the nv cp will not be saved on boot etc

it is also linked to the nv startup service which saves settings in the nvidia control panel you made, do not disable that either.

(I used to disable it but it breaks 3D image quality settings that you made in the nv cp)

With that in mind its up to you.

Little History:

I used to disable those things for my own taste on drivers and decided to release it for people to use.

I never thought alot of people would be interested in it because they were my personal preferance to how I like my games to play and look.

But since 180.84 reading all the feedback I got thats where the idea of three driver setting came from :)

Also having an installer was a suggestion from someone from 178.24.

Basically I read all your posts and take them into account and the drivers has gotten more and more "mainstream" and for everyone :)

thanks a lot for your fast reply, I guess I'll keep using these drivers cos they're really good. i've disabled the powermizer as described in the workaround and the computer was able to wake up just fine :) I was also wondering, does disabling powermizer have any negative effects?

also, i never change the colour settings nor the 3d quality settings, i leave them default. so is it safe to disable the service? or there are certain things you customized that make these drivers run good

Edited by HANI

Disabling powermizer = full 3d clocks all the time = higher temps

You can disable the service if you want and you'll find sleep will work with powermizer on.

But dont complain if something worked before doesnt work now :)

Doing the above will not affect what i do.