LaptopVideo2Go Forums

The best ForceWare driver for your notebook/iMAC - Part 3 - Windows VISTA SP1 x64

mobilenvidia

The best ForceWare driver for your notebook/iMAC - Part 3 - Windows VISTA SP1 x64

(including the latest drivers like 181.20, 181.22, 185.20... so on)

Hello boys and girls,

Our part three of the huge driver comparison is ready, now you can see how the Windows VISTA SP1 x64 drivers perform against each other. Choose your favorite... and tell us which one suits you best.

The VISTA SP1 x64 comparison can be found here ->

The VISTA SP1 x86 comparison... here ->

...and the XP SP3 x86 comparison - right here ->

The bla bla bla and the ForceWare drivers detailed description can be read... on the first page of the guide ->

For the ones who did not read the full article... we advise you to do that, it provides some answers even for you, the techie guys.

Best regards,

CQ & Co.

I've forgot to tell that this comparison would have not be possible without the laptopvideo2go community. Thank you for that and for the last... 40-50 drivers or so, used by me in the past years. :)

Edited by CQSTELUSH

No the Kudos goes to you, for the massive effort you put into it.

We are just glad to help out, as I think its very well received by our users here.

Keep up the very good work :)

I know, I was thinking to make a special edition also, with Dox Optimized Drivers. More games, more benchmarks... more everything. If you're interested, let me know.

P.S. Can I get a custom title? :)

Edited by CQSTELUSH

yah, go for it mate, benchmark mine vs the originals :)

You need over 750 posts (If I remember correctly) for a custom title.

Well, I was wondering if I can get it before 750 posts. :)

And we will think of it, comparing all your versions with each other and with the original drivers.

Doubt it will go down too well making requests like that, especially if you think you are bargaining for them.

If you read some of Dox's previous posts and look at his works, he often prefers extra quality over additional performance, and doesn't rate 3DMark scores much.

BTW, what does CO2 Solid mean? Dry ice? How come you added your own site's logo to your Dox's competition entries?

yeah true that,

178.13 and 178.24 should be fine comparing with originals

180.43, 180.44 and 180.70 had the higher image quality tweaks which makes games look alot nicer at a small performance hit in REAL GAMES.

3D marks 06 lost a couple of hundred points at the most though.

180.84, 180.84.1, 181.22 and 181.22 install at BALANCE setting for fair benchmarking against originals, although I tweaked that setting for slightly IQ than orignals but not as agressively as the QUALITY setting.

Basically read the releases notes of each of my drivers before you benchmark.

BTW: I dont really care if my driver gets benchmarked or not :)

The comparison, if it will be done, will show the differences. Performance or quality, the differences that exist.