LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Running Temp for 8600m in a alienware m5550i

Guest Ghost187

Guest Ghost187

Hi was wondering if any one could tell me what is the running temps for a alienware m5550i? Ive use speedfan and core temp (but core temp doesnt show GPU) to tell me what the temps are. Speedfan is telling me that my gpu is running at between 68c-71c, o and my power brick is super hot. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

laptop specs:

Alienware m5550

core 2 duo 1.83

(2) 512 ddr2 pc5300

Nvidia go 7600 <-- had

8600m <--now

Guest Ghost187

but isnt running at these temps going to quickly lower the life span of my G-card? Because Ive only had my laptop for a year and the 7600 went, and if i might add just after the warranty was up.

one more thing why is it when i put my power brick next to my window, to help cool it off, does the gpu temp stay cool by 4*C+/-. (the current temp outside is 1*F and my window is drafty).

one more thing why is it when i put my power brick next to my window, to help cool it off, does the gpu temp stay cool by 4*C+/-. (the current temp outside is 1*F and my window is drafty).

check the fan for any piece of dust or hair, oh and its because its cold at youre window thats why :)