LaptopVideo2Go Forums

cant get it to work with a sony vgn sz110 please help!

drivernewblet

Hi

I cant get the driver to work with a sony vgn sz110, using a nvidia go 7400 graphics (or intel onboard in "stamina mode")

I downloaded the latest driver and the modded inf, dragged the inf into the extracted folder, ran setup and got the error "the nvidia setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your hardware, setup will now exit" so i tried instead to go into my ctrl panel>system> device manager> display adapters but for some wacky reason it shows 2 entries of "intel 945gm express chipset family" and no nvidia cards so i cannot update it's driver. i KNOW this laptop has the 7400, i did a lot of research and it even has the sticker on the laptop itself, plus that was one of the main reasons i bought it at the time...

PLEASE HELP MEEEEEE i'm living with drivers from 2005 and my brain is going to explode if i don't get this right

thank you so SO much in advance!!!

btw tried both the newest drivers and the 163.44 both with the moded inf its page linked to, and both times no luck...

Before installing this driver, make sure the performance switch on the notebook is set for SPEED mode. If the notebook is set to STAMINA, slide the switch to SPEED and restart the computer.

NOTE: The performance switch is located to the left of the Power button.

Speed mode uses the geforce card, stamina mode uses the onboard intel graphics.

Edited by Phnx

i'm an idiot, wow. i didnt even realize i had it in stamina. wow. simply wow.

i changed it a month ago and forgot!

it's always the stupidest things you know?

thanks so much!!!!

will try it again after a restart :)

now i feel like an idiot haha