LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Amilo 1556: 7600GS to 3650-512Mo

DrFif

Which BIOS version you use?

Edited by shark300

arf le boulet, j'ai oublié le fichier joint!

Le fait que le GPU soit à cheval sur le cuivre et l'alu c'est pas bon du tout! Faudrait que ce soit que sur le cuivre: au pire lime un peu l'alu pour que ce soit à niveau mais tu perdras quand meme en perfo de refroidissement...

Sorry guys I forgot the attachement...

It is mandatory for efficient cooling that the copper plate is level with the aluminium!

Before I cut my amilo heatsink I had overheating issues (80° idle temp) but no random shutdown.

post-35614-1234003082_thumb.jpg

Hi,

I have 6000 in 1024x768 resolution with all default and 5489 in 1280x800 (screen default resolution)

All this w/o overclocking at 500Mhz(core)/800Mhzx2(mem)/1250Mhz(shaders)

Keep in mind that my cpu is an old C2D T5500 (1.66Ghz)

Hope this helps

post-35614-1234111430_thumb.jpg

i don't belive it, is a really great score :)

but, tell me have you yet the f*** 30 sec wait issue at the start up of the notebook after that you have adde/reflash the therd performance level?

yep still have the 30 sec issue!

What is the third performance level, I'm not following you?

Yep I still have the 30s issue no matter what but my card works at 500/1250/800 after the third perf reflash.

But I've noticed that when I try to overclock the card by flashing it (the only way because no software is working!), the card throttles itself

despite Atitool and ntune report it is working full speed.

But when I run 3Dmark or a recent game I see the result: about 50% off!!!

Do you have any idea why I have this problem and how to get rid of it?

• 2 weeks later...

K, j'ai limé un peu l'alu pour que le GPU soit bien à plat sur le cuivre et l'alu. Et ça m'a permis de faire tourner des jeux pdt 5-10min.

Avec le notebook cooler et le capot du PC ouvert je pouvais presque jouer normalement. J'avais une coupure en moyenne/h.

J'ai ensuite remplacer le pad thermique par une plaquette de cuivre enduite recto-verso de pâte thermique ... et depuis plus la moindre coupure. Tout fonctionne parfaitement :)

I improved cooling and everything works perfectly :)

hello,

I am the owner of a Amilo xa 1526, with 7600 nvidia 256 mo, and i would like to know if someone had changed his graphic card..

Thanks a lot.

hello,

I have an AMILO PI 1556 with a NVIDIA 8600MGT 512Mo ... i have problems to recognize more than 2 Go of RAM ( it s a know problem ) with bios > 2.06 alienware...

I want to know if there are problems with a ATI HD3650 512MO with more than 2 Go of RAM...

JohnBRoot, what version of HD3650 you have ( 256 or 512 Mo ??) .... can you use more than 2GO of RAM with yout original FSC bios with your videocard ??

Hello,

My config :

AMILO PI 1556

2Go RAM

8600m GT

It s not recommanded use nvidia card with more than 256Mo on the amilo if you wan't RAM > 2 Go ... there are memory conflict.

8600m is OK with alienware BIOS 2.06, and FSC bios.

If i flash to 2.07, 1.19 ALIENWARE bios (to recognize more than 2 Go RAM) , there are video problems .

i flash my 8600m to 9500GS ( same hardware) and i have the problem...

I wan't to know if there are problems with ATI card with 512Mo , there are HD3650 with 512Mo on Ebay but i want confirmation that all is OK.

Maybe a future 8600m GT to sell :)

Hi,

I don't have HD 3650 but 9600m GT on my amilo PI1556.

Card works fine at stock speed (500/1250/800Mhz) and does not heat that much but you need to do some mods on your heatsink.

I overclocked mine at 625/1550/875Mhz and I have 6200pts at 3dMark 2006 on 1280x800 which is quite good for an old lappy with a T5500.

The only problem is the startup issue: I have 30sec loud beep at startup then it works OK.

You'd better stay away of 3650 with 512Mb of DDR2 (the one you find on ebay...) because it's slow, not better than 8600m GT 512Mb DDR2.

So to sum up go with 3650 256Mb DDR3 for compatibility or if the startup problem is an issue for you or 9600m GT for gaming performance.

Hope I help you make up your mind.

• 8 months later...

Salut,

Ok le problème vient donc du dissipateur de ton Amilo.

Perso j'ai eu le même problème avec le mien et j'ai quasiment tout découpé pour ne garder que la partie en cuivre et les trous pour les vis.

Et j'ai gagné un paquet de degrès avec cette manip!

Car en fait un gros condensateur de la carte butait sur le ventilo et empêchait le contact avec le core et la memoire, donc ca chauffait à mort!

Je n'ai pas pris de photo mais je peux te montrer ce que j'ai découpé (le trait rouge).

Voilà maintenant le contact avec le core est nominal. ll n'y a plus par contre de contact avec les memoires mais vu que ce sont des chips de DDR3 ca chauffe pas tant que ca, et de toute facon je ne joue qu'avec un notebook cooler.

Vérifie aussi que sous windows ta carte tourne avec des fréquences moins élevées que dans les jeux (utilise Atitool)

For english fellas:

The overheating problem comes from your heatsink.

I had the same issue with mine and my 9600m GT and I had to do some deep cutting with a dremel.

In fact, the contact was not made between the core and the mem with the heatsink due to a big condenser on the corner of the card.

On this picture, you see the cut I made on my heatsink (thin red line).

Notice that my memory chips aren't cooled anymore but since DDR3 runs quite coolit doesn't matter and obviously I play with a notebook cooler.

Now the card runs cooler than ever... (55° on idle under win xp and 90° top on games w/o notebook cooler, 75° with it)

J'ai aussi une 9600mGT dans mon 3438G

Elle a des chips quimonda mais refuse de depasser 400mhz pour la vram :/

je pense que le pb vient du bios de la carte mere...

Edited by fibroblaster