LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Forceware 185.20

Dox

Guest ROBOTrock

Hi,

Thanx DOX for your great drives :)

i have a 8600M GT 512Mb, my question is, anybody know if this drivers have the sleep issue in my videocard?

i still the 181.20 DOX version because with this work the sleep mode and the games performance is rly nice, but the 182.05 is more stable for me but sleep not work.

Thnx, greetings

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dox

• Kum Zblj

• Exostenza

• zipper

I still can't wake my computer up out of standby.

XP 32 bit.

8400M GS.

Dell Vostro 1510.

Guest Nismo91

well luckily i have no standby issue with the balance version of this driver on my 9600M GT DDR3 512.

however i;d like to ask something, Mr.Dox.

before i installed this on a sony vaio FE45 with Go7600 128MB DDR, it has 256MB turbocache. the driver is 79. something.

so i decided to install the lates 185.20 hoping for improvement. it did brings improvement, but i notice that the turbocache size blows to 1279MB.

dedicated 128MB, total 1404MB.

it is shown in nvidia control panel and dxdiag as well. hence does it means newer driver shows larger turbocache support?

Hello Dox,How exactly to install driver 185.20+I do not understand much,this is my second installation of driver.First I installed icon Vista_185.20 and then from folder (vista_Dox_18520) I pushed down setup.exe. have I made that correctly or I'm wrong?Or only had to give Vista 185.20? I am using now asus G1S and it is with very warm video card with driver 179.48.the temperature up to go 96C. in peaceful condition 70-71c And with that drver 185.20= 64-65c but I do not know how to keep now under load(3DMark I saw somewhere around 94-95c).Can you recommend me some cold drivers?

Edited by Rewi

Vostro 1500, 8600M GT, no overclocking, 1280x800

3dMark06:

179.44 stock: 3869

185.20 Dox: 3918

An improvement, which i won't turn my nose up at. Now to see if this one fixes the blue screens in mirrors edge.

Hi Dox,

I use your drivers for my 7950 GTX to fix the problem with textures on GTA 4.

A week ago my graphics card died. I started using your graphics drivers 181.22 in Jan 2009

Now that i have had the card repaired (I was told it was to do with the video processor on the card) i am worried that its going to die again if its the drivers causing problems.

Does this driver over clock the card by default? I want to leave it at stock speed.

Thanks and i have enjoyed using this set of drivers but now concerned.

Edited by Harb247

This is the best drive for my 8400m gt(128mb)?

Now that i have had the card repaired (I was told it was to do with the video processor on the card) i am worried that its going to die again if its the drivers causing problems.

Does this driver over clock the card by default? I want to leave it at stock speed.

No. All drivers start at default speed - you have to overclock yourself.

Guest Guest

Thanks.

I monitored the speed using GPU-Z and found that the speed was not modified. I decided to update 185.20

I am going to invest into a notebook cooler to use during intense times. Will at least extend the life of the machine.

Guest Trurl

I have one suggestion for a new feature for modded driveross. It's unusual and might be technically problematic. Under Vista it's not possible to change the button for "hardware acceleration" under display abilities/troubleshooting. But it would be handy if one could turn down the slider like in XP if an old 2D game has problems with modern drivers. As it is now, the glitches either have to be ignored or the drivers uninstalled before starting the respective game.

But I would understand if it's basically impossible or too porblematic under Vista to change this function with a modern card (8600GTM).