LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Forceware 185.20

Dox

There is alot of interest in this driver so here is it from me. I still recommend my 181.22.1 or 180.84.1 since these were leaked and may not be as stable.

So don't blame me if you have strange problems :) . I tried to improve this where I can so checkout the release notes:

Release Highlights

-Supports all mobile cards from 6-GT100 series and quadro equivalent

-Added numerous OpenGL and DirectX performance and Image quality tweaks

-Options to install for Quality/Balance/Performance driver settings

-Added extra resolutions

-Optimised drivers

-Fixed sleep issue (not 100% sure it will work for everyone)

-Unlocked ambient occlusion setting in the Nvidia control panel (not 100% sure if all users will see this setting - Vista DX10 cards only?)

-Turned on Powermizer where it may have been disabled by default.

Full Changes

-Added support for all mobile GPUs 6 - GT100 series and quadro equivalent
          -Removed desktop gpu support
-Added numerous Direct X and OpenGL performance and image quality tweaks
-Added extra resolutions not found on original set
-Optimised the Nvidia driver service
-Improved responsiveness of Nvidia control panel

- Fixed sleep and hibernation issue [not 100% sure if its for all users]
- Turned on Powermizer where it maybe disabled by default
- Unlocked option to set Ambient Occlusion in the Nvidia Conntrol panel

-English language release only
-Removed helps files
-Removed language files
-Removed Nview and its associated files and reg enteries (XP only)
-Removed NVcolor.exe (XP only)
-Removed Nvidia tray icon (XP only)
-Removed Nvidia Stereovision (Vista only)
-Removed unnecessary reg entries made by Nvidia

Download Links

XP_185.20 -20.9mb

Vista_185.20 -22.1mb

Vista64_185.20 -30.1mb

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dox

• Kum Zblj

• Exostenza

• zipper

Is 800x600 and 4 bit problem undex xp solved?

Hi,

thank you for your new release?

What is the advantage compared to the 181.22?

Thanks in advance!

Guest lukas2k8

Hi, I just wanted to know why I can't install any Dox drivers. When I try to install it says that my card is not supported, my computer is HP Pavilion Media Center Dv9096ea. 1.8Ghz, 7600Go.

Thanks

Hi Dox ther is na issue with your drivers(181.20) in unreal 3 they make crash i test it on vista 32 bit and 64 bit the same problem i have laptop asus G2sg with graphic nvidia 8700m GT right now i have drivers Mobile Xtreme-G 177.92 Vista 32bit and i dont have this crash but i have less score in 3d mark 05 :) so its the only issue with yours drivers beside this they are the best drivers. If i make mistake in my writing sory im not english. Regards

Yeaah!! 800x600 and 4 bit problems are solved with this driver.. Thanks Dox!

Don't know what to say but WHAT THE HELL!!! I couldn't make the sleep work with the fix, but guess what it works without it. Of course, it works if I disable the service. Also works if next - I just disabled the service, replaced the nvvsvc.exe and .dll in c:\windows\system32 with the original 185.20, started the service again, and the sleep works. Did a restart of lap just to make sure, and the sleep again works. Different story with the last driver. Every other driver killed the sleep, but suddenly this one doesn't. And, yeah again have 2 nvvsvc.exe running in task manager... Weird dude. But thats the default I think.

I think Dox that you should put 2 versions, one without the fix, and this one, and let people test which one does have the sleeping problem.

Edited by Kum Zblj

**Last update from me for sleep issue.

The sleep with the original nvsvc service accually doesn't work, it works if lap is sleeping not longer than 5 minutes!!!!

Also it works if the service is just disabled.

My latest trick -> I've noticed that services depencie is nvlddmkm. So I figured that I should try to replace also that with nvlddmkm.sys from 179.28, as well as the nvvsvc.exe and nvsvc.dll, and test it. It's the kernel mode driver. And the sleep Works!! But, as I'm not that experienced, I can't tell wheter this is a good or a bad trick. -> DON'T DO THIS, BAD TRICK!!!

Thats it for me, I'm out of the tricks for sleeping issue.

Edited by Kum Zblj

what is the advantage of this driver?

Dox, you are such a pimp.

The 185.20 for many of us allowed us to overclock our HP 8400's, but I had other problems with the driver - PowerMizer, hooking up to TV through HDMI didn't fill the whole screen.

But, sure enough, your release of the 185.20 fixed all that. By far, your best release.

Good looks man, I do really appreciate the time you to take to do your thing. Thanks bro.

Edited by illmatic

Guest chomi_24

Installed this driver on performance mode. I knew when DOX touched this driver it will be awesome. I'm playing Assassins creed on full note dx10 2xaa 1280x800 resolution stock clock 8600m gt gddr3 256 mb and it was completely playable 75c max temp.

Powermizer is working, although on my system the only thing is waking up from sleep is not happening i need to hard boot my laptop. This and the 181.22.1 of dox drivers only gives me an issue regarding waking up from sleep, the rest of all dox drivers are working all fine...

Any solution DOX? Looking forward for it!!!

By the way thanks dox, this driver gives me a solid performance no need for my GPU to be overclock while gaming...

Hi, I want to test this driver on desktop system. How about releasing desktop driver?

I installed your last desktop support driver v180.20, it was terrific.

thanks

I am unable to overclock my 8600M GS with these drivers, I could with the original 185.20 drivers (non optimized). This is in both windows XP and windows 7. Has anyone else had any luck getting these drivers to overclock?

Ill have to go back to the originals unless a way to overclock using these drivers comes up.

very bad fps on gta with this driver. 181.22 is the best :)

What is my problem? Why 90% of the times I can't download anything from this website?

"Error: The request for '/error/leech' was not found on this server." Everytime.

Edited by nonhocapito

Yeah, I'm having the sleep problem, as well. Other than that, everything is perfect.

Hey Dox, I wanna keep using this driver, can you tell me what I need to change to put the sleep settings back to normal for those who never had the problem to begin with?

Will try this out later. Sounds promising.

What is my problem? Why 90% of the times I can't download anything from this website?

"Error: The request for '/error/leech' was not found on this server." Everytime.

It could be that you're using some sort of download acceleration somewhere. It returns the 'leech' error for me, so I can only ever download without using any kind of acceleration software like Download Accelerator Plus or Flashget or even Firefox's DownThemAll extension.

i've a problem... i can't set the brightness of my display... it's locked on 5/10, i can't change it and it don't changes if i choose another profile on battery icon... please HELP

Not sure, Try to download with the download accelerators etc, also if some one hotlinks to these from a different site you will get that error.

Yeah, I'm having the sleep problem, as well. Other than that, everything is perfect.

Hey Dox, I wanna keep using this driver, can you tell me what I need to change to put the sleep settings back to normal for those who never had the problem to begin with?

Its a tough call I had to make, try and fix it for all others knowing that doing so may break it for all others.

What do you do? Next time I'll keep things as they were and sleep will work for some and not others, back to where we started from....

Any reason for me to go to these from DOX 181.22?

If you are happy with my 181.22 no need to go to these :)

I only made these since I know some people prefer this driver since it has a higher version number :)

I still belive my 181.22 is a better driver (not because I modded them better).

But I think geforce 7 users had crashes due to 181.22 (not my problem) so I'm hoping they dont with this.