LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Forceware 185.20

Dox

The ACPI temp is higher with this driver, 49°C and usually 35°C. Using speedfan.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dox

• Kum Zblj

• Exostenza

• illmatic

Hi, I just wanted to know why I can't install any Dox drivers. When I try to install it says that my card is not supported, my computer is HP Pavilion Media Center Dv9096ea. 1.8Ghz, 7600Go.

Thanks

It should install, I think its to do with Nvidia's Setup.exe.

Try this:

run my installer

choose your desired driver setting (balance/performanc/quality)

Exit the installer when it says it cant install.

Then try to install using have disk method: http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showforum=76

Since you have not given me your OS I am not able to diagnose it further.

If people give me full info I will be able to help faster :)

Its a tough call I had to make, try and fix it for all others knowing that doing so may break it for all others.

What do you do? Next time I'll keep things as they were and sleep will work for some and not others, back to where we started from....

Yeah, I understand trust me.

You know what, I figured a way around it anyways. If I hit the power button to go into Sleep, then close the Lid right after pressing the button, it resumes fine.

If I hit the standby button, and leave the lid open, that's when it won't resume from Standby. I never do this anyways except for the one time today, haha.

Thanks again bud.

I have the 181.22 DOX installed now and they run perfectly. My only problem is that the 185.20 are leaked and may contain bugs and even DOX warns against it. How is the stability of this driver and is the performance really worth it to switch over or should I wait for the next release on some official Nvidia drivers.

I dunno mate,

I have been using it and its fine for me (stable),

You should try it and see what you think.

On my previous laptop, these dox drivers were great, giving me that extra boost that I've always wanted in gaming (Acer Aspire 5920g). However, with the NP8660 9800m GTS, it seems that I would have to 'reset' the memory clock of the GPU, or else it would stay stuck at the low performance 300 when gaming. Anyone having this problem? 3d mark 06 works fine though, the memory clock automatically jumps up. Only some games show this symptom (fallout 3 and red alert 3)

With this version wake up from sleep cause my system to stuck.

In all other versions only it make a cold restart.

With this one i have to do it on my own.

Would also like to have a workaround like for the previous version

Problem with sleep wake-up persists on my Vostro 1700 w/ 8600m GT. Moreover, I find it truly odd, that whatever Dox driver and test app (be it 3DMark or games' benchamarks), the actual performance is a tad worse than parallel modded LV2G driver. The difference is slight, up to 1%, usually about 0.5%. So far I tried "balanced" mode, I'll check "performance" later.

**Last update from me for sleep issue.

The sleep with the original nvsvc service accually doesn't work, it works if lap is sleeping not longer than 5 minutes!!!!

Also it works if the service is just disabled.

My latest trick -> I've noticed that services depencie is nvlddmkm. So I figured that I should try to replace also that with nvlddmkm.sys from 179.28, as well as the nvvsvc.exe and nvsvc.dll, and test it. It's the kernel mode driver. And the sleep Works!! But, as I'm not that experienced, I can't tell wheter this is a good or a bad trick. -> DON'T DO THIS, BAD TRICK!!!

Thats it for me, I'm out of the tricks for sleeping issue.

I think the original version of this driver is set without powermizer.

That's why it worked for me too and not now with the other version of nvsvc.dll ( nvsvc64.dll ).

I will switch it to the new one and try with workaround for sleep working.

For me this is the best driver i have ever benched.

Best result with a few points more in 3DMark 06 than the 181.22 from Dox

im having graphical glitches while watching movies or opening pics.

also while playing mirrors edge game suddenly stopped with weird colors and stuff, than it said nvkdllm or something stopped responding.

gpu temp was around 65-70c while playing,normally it is around 45c

edit:while playing company of heroes it stopped the same way while watching the intro

should i return to 179.28 ? any ideas

Edited by dr0w

PowerMizer works, benchmarks about equal with Dox 181.22 except 3DMark Vantage has a clear edge (= 2%).

Doesn't install on Windows 7 x64 Beta (Build 7000) with 8600M GT. Not suprised, it is a beta and these are leaked drivers :)

Do you plan to release an optimized version of the proper released 185.20 drivers?

Keep up the good work, it is appreciated!

Yes I plan on releasing optimised version of 185.xx series drivers.

Cool, and also my mistake earlier...these do work perfectly in Windows 7. The install procedure is just a bit different from what I'm used to. Thanks again dude :)

yep it still have issues with the Single Program 3D setting. It won't set any settings for anything, could be the bugs in this leaked beta. So I'm sticking with 181.22.

Dox when i install your drivers and it asks about which performance level i need, it says 'performance' may cause problems.

does this mean i should really stick to standard? If not what kind of realistic performance gains or losses would i expect to see (roughly) on a bog standard 8600m GT 256mb?

There doesnt seem to be much information about on how i should configure this.

Thanks for all your hard work on all these drivers by the way!

Hi guys, this is a really cool thing you got going here make my gaming experience excel my own expectations. I have a Hp pavilion dv6700 laptop with a nvidia 8400m gs and a intel 2 core duo 2.5 processor. Everything works great cept sleep. It goes to sleep but it wont wake up. Just gives me a black screen and i have to do a manual reboot. Now i read the previous posts and heard something about disabling something but i'm not sure what to do. Is there a guide somewhere that is for beginners, total noobies, so that i can fix this problem? Or maybe one of you could just give me some step by step instructions? Thanks for any help you can give me. =)

yep it still have issues with the Single Program 3D setting. It won't set any settings for anything, could be the bugs in this leaked beta. So I'm sticking with 181.22.

I think that's because of the "sleep fix", definitely.

Ah, nvm... i used the 185.22 driver and powermizer.exe ( in a thread i found) and now i can put my computer to sleep and wake it up as long as i used the sleep button on my start menu...

Dox when i install your drivers and it asks about which performance level i need, it says 'performance' may cause problems.

does this mean i should really stick to standard? If not what kind of realistic performance gains or losses would i expect to see (roughly) on a bog standard 8600m GT 256mb?

There doesnt seem to be much information about on how i should configure this.

Thanks for all your hard work on all these drivers by the way!

Yes you would see gains, no it wont cuase the kind of problems you are thinking of.

It may cause "visual glitches" such as due to the heavy optimisations to improve performance.

These visual glitches do not mean weird artifacts you get from overclocking it means stuff like underfiltered textures and "warpy" textures at distance.

Read the FAQ to see comparison between the three modes.

I am not entirey sure what you mean?

Do you mean the drop down game 3D settings not showing the games installed on your laptop?

If so just untick the box and find your games there. As long as you HAVE NOT disabled the Nvidia Service then everything should work.

I think that's because of the "sleep fix", definitely.

No it does not affect that functionality of the drivers. If it did I would of not released the drivers.