LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Forceware 185.20

Dox

Guest Seraphis

Hi, I just tried this driver with my 6800 go GPU.

And there is an issue, if i want to turn of the screen. With the prior driver i had installed (i think it was smth 179.XX) the backlight was shutoff. But now, all it does is showing a blackscreen, with backlight still on. I am not able to test 181.22 as there is a 7-Zip error each time i try. Even reloading is not fixing it, and the System will not start with this driver. Is this a common problem?

Thank you very much.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dox

• Kum Zblj

• Exostenza

• zipper

again a question about overclocking ^^

Unbenannt3.jpg

as you can see, this is incredible... how far I can go with this overclocking, without harm extremly my gpu? the fan in the laptop gets louder, when I try these values out :X

gf 8400m gt

Drivers Rock. I get a 8FPS boost now in FEAR 2 demo.

Guest Guest asdd2

Whenever I reboot, I have to manually setup my external harddrive under desktop>right click>nvidia control panel > setup mutiple displays, samsung syncmaster.

before, it would do it automatically but now not anymore

please fix? or recommend me a better driver.

nvidia 8600m GT

macbook pro 2.5ghz penryn 2gb ram

Odd problem, I have my external screen as primary, no laptop screen, and it boots just as wanted.

Hi.. Sometimes when i close my lid and open it again my resolution changes automatic.. Isnt this caused by this driver? It doesnt go on standby it simple just turns off the monitor and when it gets enabled again, the resolution is 1024x768 and i have to manually change it..

Is this caused by this driver and how 2 fix?

thanjks

Hi.. Sometimes when i close my lid and open it again my resolution changes automatic.. Isnt this caused by this driver? It doesnt go on standby it simple just turns off the monitor and when it gets enabled again, the resolution is 1024x768 and i have to manually change it..

Is this caused by this driver and how 2 fix?

thanjks

Try this -> http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....st&p=106404

Oh cool, i disabled it before reading your post because i had a suspicion that it might be that but that post kinda clears it up. Not worrying about that no more i hope ^^ Its so annoying..

thanks for the answer

Do you get problems with any other drivers? I am trying to get to the bottom of this whole 'Xp SP3' driver problem.

Sorry for the late reply Andrew but it's just with 185.20 (not sure if it would happen with others; don't remember). The first time I tried the stock 185.20 on XP it just started in 4-bit colors and 640x480 resolution while in Vista it started with a BSOD. I have just tried Dox's 185.20 (in XP) and it just started with a BSOD and I had to go into safe mode to uninstall the driver. So it must lie somewhere within the original drivers. Maybe because it's alpha drivers.

Edited by Shaythong

Ok, this was very helpful, thanks.

got 136 more 3dmark points, games are a bit faster and my system is much cooler now! Thanks dox! Best driver for me!

Guest Necroman

I had some problems with RA3 and therefore I upgraded to this driver. Game is now OK, but sleep problem is there. The act going to sleep is somehow weird, the monitors shows for some seconds strange black ornaments, it looks like notebook is going to sleep, but monitor output is still on and I see some flushed GPU memory or what.

Waking up don't work, notebook wakes, but all I see is black. I can log into Windows and use Alt+F4 and Down for shutdown (or Up for Restart) - that's better than hard reset :)

Anyway, modded 185.20 has sleeping issues. Now I tried the powemizer trick an we will see next time, if it works.

My notebook - Compal HEL80, nVidia 7600 Go, Vista x64

hello,

I have a toshiba p100-491 with a nvidia 7900GS an when i installed the driver it disabled the graca fan and the temperatures went up tp 100degree. the 181.22 driver couldnt be installed beacuse it causes nvXXX.dll crasches on windows start.

System is windowsXP 32bit

cya Wiesel

Hey Dox! :) where is the Windows XP 64bit Version of 185.20 and 181.22 eh? :)

The drivers worked fine on my ASPIRE 8930G w/ 9600GT DDR3 and vista 64, but games fps down clock because powermizer. So i have to turn it off, but then on reboot again when im not playing games. Problem is in ACER Epower managment, the graphics performance level slider is missing now! So I think thats why it is downclocking. Im going to try to install an older driver 179.28 or the one from acer, see what happened.

it's working on my XP SP3, but I have problem with a fan.

It's working very slowly, so i have very high temperature.

On old drivers this fan sometimes worked very fast but now it always work with the same speed.

i'm ill so sorry for my english :)

The drivers worked fine on my ASPIRE 8930G w/ 9600GT DDR3 and vista 64, but games fps down clock because powermizer. So i have to turn it off, but then on reboot again when im not playing games. Problem is in ACER Epower managment, the graphics performance level slider is missing now! So I think thats why it is downclocking. Im going to try to install an older driver 179.28 or the one from acer, see what happened.

Have u tried my 181.22?

Guest chomi_24

I have an inquiry for all those 8600m gt gddr3 256 mb users who have tried this driver. Installed this driver on performance mode. My gpu is running hot w/ this one, 78c on full load considering its on default clock and my cpu is undervolted. (12x FID 1.005 VID) Although idle temp is fine 58c-65c. But I always game w/ my notebook. I tried the original version w/o modded inf my max temp is 74c not that much though but still high w/ 78c with laptop cooler right? 78c is my max temp on full load using 179.28 nvidia driver gpu overclock to 650/900/1375. By the way I disabled powermizer via powermizer switch to be able to work w/ the sleep mode and hibernation.

Pls post your temp guys as I wanna compare mine...

Thanks a lot...

DELL XPS M1530

Vista Home Premium SP1 x86

Intel core 2 duo T8300

Memory 4GB (3.5 utilized by OS)

320GB HDD 5400rpm

1280x800 native resolution

8600m gt gddr3 256mb

Have u tried my 181.22?

I uninstalled the 185 and my laptop rolled back to the ones it came with 176.26 and it works fine no downclocking in games it seems and the graphics performance slider is back in acer power management. I will try 181.22 and see what happens..

I have an inquiry for all those 8600m gt gddr3 256 mb users who have tried this driver. Installed this driver on performance mode. My gpu is running hot w/ this one, 78c on full load considering its on default clock and my cpu is undervolted. (12x FID 1.005 VID) Although idle temp is fine 58c-65c. But I always game w/ my notebook. I tried the original version w/o modded inf my max temp is 74c not that much though but still high w/ 78c with laptop cooler right? 78c is my max temp on full load using 179.28 nvidia driver gpu overclock to 650/900/1375. By the way I disabled powermizer via powermizer switch to be able to work w/ the sleep mode and hibernation.

Pls post your temp guys as I wanna compare mine...

Thanks a lot...

DELL XPS M1530

Intel core 2 duo T8300

Memory 4GB (3.5 utilized by OS)

320GB HDD 5400rpm

1280x800 native resolution

8600m gt gddr3 256mb

I have:

MSI GX700-252NL

Intel Core 2 Duo T8100

Memory 3GB

320GB HDD 5400RPM

1440x900 Native Resolution

8600M GT GDDR2 512MB

With the 185.20 driver I have it OC'd to 650/900/1300 and it reaches 71 degrees max in 3DMark06.

Edited by Codyksp

Would just like to note this is the first driver I have had that has set Physx acceleration to disabled as the default. I am running a 9800m GS on Vista 64 bit and have been running DOX driver exclusively since you started making them. Any reason for this?

I have the latest Physx drivers as well.

Actually, DOX 181.22.1 drivers also set PhysX to disabled on my 9800M GTS

Edited by husky55

185.20 DOX boosted my frames a little and smoothed out he games although I got my first crash in Sins of a oOlar Empire: Entrenchment, but because it is still a beta I don't know if it was a fault of the game or the drivers so its a mystery never to be solved!

Scary stuff!

182.05 is out and a lot of people are saying the IQ and performance over this driver is better and I have seen the benchmarks to prove it! DOX come on lets get the 182.05 drivers done for us!

Yay I can't wait!

guys,

I have a general question:

My notebook has two graphics cards. And I got two additional external monitors

When I use, for example, the old driver 169.04, I have the option to combine the two external monitors (indipendently configured) without using my laptop display. With all the newer drivers, I can only combine my laptop display with one of my two external monitors.

So, is this true, do I not have a option to combine my two external monitors alone?

When I try 169.04, I can use both external monitors but I have problems with my Eizo color edge monitor. It cannot display its full resolution and does panning.

With the new driver, the Eizo can reach its full resolution without panning, but I canot choose to use both external monitors...

any help with that would be very appreciated, thanks!