LaptopVideo2Go Forums

MSI gx600

Tewks

I would Like to update my laptop to the newest bios version. But I don't know the risk involved. In the previous post below he asked a similar question, but I'm scared to update. The reason why I need to is that the old bios don't support VT (so I cant run VMware with 64bit). Its by default disabled and cant be changed. So if anyone could help that would be amazing! I was thinking about using a boot able usb device. Because the program used to upgrade to 163aims.10z (the newest bios version) isn't compatible with 64bit(safety reasons according to msi)163aims.10z. So I must use a external device such as floppy or usb. So if anyone has done with can I know the exact procedure involved.

Edited by Tewks

Here has been talked about bios a lot http://forum.msi.com.tw/ . Advice is don't update bios if you don't have to, because it's a bit risky, but I guess you have to.

If you won't be able to find, here's the link for the sticky topic about updating bios -> http://forum.msi.com.tw/index.php?topic=112416.0 You'll find there a way to update in the best way, just follow the precedure carefully.

And, usually check the forums of your manufacturer :)

Good luck.

Edited by Kum Zblj

Bios you have to look for manufacturer's web site, this change is safe.